Jun 6, 2010, 11:07 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks were able to completely wipe away any lingering issues they had from playing in Philadelphia and took out the Flyers in Game 5 7-4. With the win, the Blackhawks take a 3-2 series lead and afford themselves the opportunity to win their first Stanley Cup since 1961 on Wednesday night.
Leading the way for Chicago tonight was the seemingly rejuvenated Dustin Byfuglien who netted two goals as well as assisting on two others while doing his best to get physical with everyone in a Flyer uniform. Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger, who has been a force all series long, suffered greatly tonight clocking in with a -5 rating and took a penalty in the second period that lead to Byfuglien’s first goal of the night.
More coverage is on the way tonight with quotes and video to come.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)