Jun 6, 2010, 11:07 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks were able to completely wipe away any lingering issues they had from playing in Philadelphia and took out the Flyers in Game 5 7-4. With the win, the Blackhawks take a 3-2 series lead and afford themselves the opportunity to win their first Stanley Cup since 1961 on Wednesday night.
Leading the way for Chicago tonight was the seemingly rejuvenated Dustin Byfuglien who netted two goals as well as assisting on two others while doing his best to get physical with everyone in a Flyer uniform. Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger, who has been a force all series long, suffered greatly tonight clocking in with a -5 rating and took a penalty in the second period that lead to Byfuglien’s first goal of the night.
More coverage is on the way tonight with quotes and video to come.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)