Jun 6, 2010, 11:07 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks were able to completely wipe away any lingering issues they had from playing in Philadelphia and took out the Flyers in Game 5 7-4. With the win, the Blackhawks take a 3-2 series lead and afford themselves the opportunity to win their first Stanley Cup since 1961 on Wednesday night.
Leading the way for Chicago tonight was the seemingly rejuvenated Dustin Byfuglien who netted two goals as well as assisting on two others while doing his best to get physical with everyone in a Flyer uniform. Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger, who has been a force all series long, suffered greatly tonight clocking in with a -5 rating and took a penalty in the second period that lead to Byfuglien’s first goal of the night.
More coverage is on the way tonight with quotes and video to come.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 53
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 24
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 44
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 31
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (53)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)