Jun 6, 2010, 11:07 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks were able to completely wipe away any lingering issues they had from playing in Philadelphia and took out the Flyers in Game 5 7-4. With the win, the Blackhawks take a 3-2 series lead and afford themselves the opportunity to win their first Stanley Cup since 1961 on Wednesday night.
Leading the way for Chicago tonight was the seemingly rejuvenated Dustin Byfuglien who netted two goals as well as assisting on two others while doing his best to get physical with everyone in a Flyer uniform. Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger, who has been a force all series long, suffered greatly tonight clocking in with a -5 rating and took a penalty in the second period that lead to Byfuglien’s first goal of the night.
More coverage is on the way tonight with quotes and video to come.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)