Jun 6, 2010, 11:07 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks were able to completely wipe away any lingering issues they had from playing in Philadelphia and took out the Flyers in Game 5 7-4. With the win, the Blackhawks take a 3-2 series lead and afford themselves the opportunity to win their first Stanley Cup since 1961 on Wednesday night.
Leading the way for Chicago tonight was the seemingly rejuvenated Dustin Byfuglien who netted two goals as well as assisting on two others while doing his best to get physical with everyone in a Flyer uniform. Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger, who has been a force all series long, suffered greatly tonight clocking in with a -5 rating and took a penalty in the second period that lead to Byfuglien’s first goal of the night.
More coverage is on the way tonight with quotes and video to come.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 8
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 32
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)