Jun 6, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
Talking with those around me during Game 4, we were all in agreement
that perhaps Andrew Ladd had returned a bit too early from his injury.
After getting a bit too aggressive in his opening shift and getting a
cross-checking penalty in the opening minute of the game, Ladd looked
tentative and hesitant to get involved physically in the play.
Things opened up a bit for Ladd later in the third when Quenneville
changed the lines up, but overall Ladd just didn’t appear ready to have
returned. That he took the place of Burish, who had been effective in
limited minutes, was a bit frustrating as the Blackhawks were dominated
for most of the game.
Some thought that perhaps he’d be out again after his struggles.
After missing today’s morning skate, coach Joel Quenneville says that
he’ll be playing tonight. Of course, Ladd won’t admit that things
weren’t exactly on par for him in his first game back.
“I felt good,” Ladd said yesterday. “I felt more comfortable with
the pace as the game went on. Towards the end I think it’s more
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)