Jun 5, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Brandon touched on the goalie’s increased confidence and comfort earlier today, but Michael Leighton has been a steady presence for the Philadelphia Flyers since he returned from injury during the Conference Semifinals. He’s an incredible 6-0 in home games now and is a big reason the Flyers are two wins away from raising the Stanley Cup.
When he’s at his best, Leighton makes some very tough saves look simple. It doesn’t hurt that he’s a big, stout netminder. Check out this subtle yet enormous save Leighton made when the Chicago Blackhawks were in full-on attack mode late in the game.
And, just because we’re such a generous bunch, here is one more Leighton highlight video. You can’t say that Jonathan Toews didn’t have any chances in this series … Leighton, so far, has just been better.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6