Jun 5, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Brandon touched on the goalie’s increased confidence and comfort earlier today, but Michael Leighton has been a steady presence for the Philadelphia Flyers since he returned from injury during the Conference Semifinals. He’s an incredible 6-0 in home games now and is a big reason the Flyers are two wins away from raising the Stanley Cup.
When he’s at his best, Leighton makes some very tough saves look simple. It doesn’t hurt that he’s a big, stout netminder. Check out this subtle yet enormous save Leighton made when the Chicago Blackhawks were in full-on attack mode late in the game.
And, just because we’re such a generous bunch, here is one more Leighton highlight video. You can’t say that Jonathan Toews didn’t have any chances in this series … Leighton, so far, has just been better.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)