Jun 5, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Brandon touched on the goalie’s increased confidence and comfort earlier today, but Michael Leighton has been a steady presence for the Philadelphia Flyers since he returned from injury during the Conference Semifinals. He’s an incredible 6-0 in home games now and is a big reason the Flyers are two wins away from raising the Stanley Cup.
When he’s at his best, Leighton makes some very tough saves look simple. It doesn’t hurt that he’s a big, stout netminder. Check out this subtle yet enormous save Leighton made when the Chicago Blackhawks were in full-on attack mode late in the game.
And, just because we’re such a generous bunch, here is one more Leighton highlight video. You can’t say that Jonathan Toews didn’t have any chances in this series … Leighton, so far, has just been better.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)