Jun 5, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
When people think of Brian Campbell, they either consider his spin-o-ramas, general offensive ability or – if you’re a glass half empty type – his enormous $7.1 million annual cap hit. But hockey fans with at least a decent memory may also remember that, every now and then, “Soupy” can unleash a maniacal hit.
He did it years ago as a member of the Buffalo Sabres, laying out then-Philadelphia Flyers forward R.J. Umberger. Campbell added to his big hit playoff resume in a big way in Game 4, with this violent hit of Ville Leino. Of course, Leino would have the last laugh when he scored what would be the game winning goal in the third period.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 11
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 28
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 17
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 57
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39