Jun 4, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
A few moments ago, I discussed rumors of Flyers fans forming a “flash mob.” In the final paragraph, I wondered if the movement would fall flat like the weak “Fire Sather” rally among New York Rangers fans. It looks like that instinct was dead-on, at least according to one reliable Flyers blogger.
The creators of this idea simply want to show the Blackhawks that Flyers fans support their team by displaying strength in numbers. But apparently, that’s not going to work out so well. As of this writing, only 14 people have confirmed attendance, while 28 have responded that they might attend. 70 people, meanwhile, declined attendance.
This mob isn’t so mobby. It sounds more like a couple of dudes trying to catch a bus that travels faster down Broad Street than they can possibly better. The rather benign nature of this thing didn’t stop it from getting negative press, however.
Yup, if it’s anything like the myriad Facebook party invitations everyone receives, most of the people involved won’t even click on the link. A few people who weren’t invited will show up. Finally, a bunch of people who said they would come will find something else to do.
Still, you never know. If something happens, we’ll let you know as soon as we find out more. In the mean time, consider it an amusing story that will be forgotten in a matter of weeks. If that long.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 2
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55