Jun 4, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
A few moments ago, I discussed rumors of Flyers fans forming a “flash mob.” In the final paragraph, I wondered if the movement would fall flat like the weak “Fire Sather” rally among New York Rangers fans. It looks like that instinct was dead-on, at least according to one reliable Flyers blogger.
The creators of this idea simply want to show the Blackhawks that Flyers fans support their team by displaying strength in numbers. But apparently, that’s not going to work out so well. As of this writing, only 14 people have confirmed attendance, while 28 have responded that they might attend. 70 people, meanwhile, declined attendance.
This mob isn’t so mobby. It sounds more like a couple of dudes trying to catch a bus that travels faster down Broad Street than they can possibly better. The rather benign nature of this thing didn’t stop it from getting negative press, however.
Yup, if it’s anything like the myriad Facebook party invitations everyone receives, most of the people involved won’t even click on the link. A few people who weren’t invited will show up. Finally, a bunch of people who said they would come will find something else to do.
Still, you never know. If something happens, we’ll let you know as soon as we find out more. In the mean time, consider it an amusing story that will be forgotten in a matter of weeks. If that long.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39