Jun 4, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
A few moments ago, I discussed rumors of Flyers fans forming a “flash mob.” In the final paragraph, I wondered if the movement would fall flat like the weak “Fire Sather” rally among New York Rangers fans. It looks like that instinct was dead-on, at least according to one reliable Flyers blogger.
The creators of this idea simply want to show the Blackhawks that Flyers fans support their team by displaying strength in numbers. But apparently, that’s not going to work out so well. As of this writing, only 14 people have confirmed attendance, while 28 have responded that they might attend. 70 people, meanwhile, declined attendance.
This mob isn’t so mobby. It sounds more like a couple of dudes trying to catch a bus that travels faster down Broad Street than they can possibly better. The rather benign nature of this thing didn’t stop it from getting negative press, however.
Yup, if it’s anything like the myriad Facebook party invitations everyone receives, most of the people involved won’t even click on the link. A few people who weren’t invited will show up. Finally, a bunch of people who said they would come will find something else to do.
Still, you never know. If something happens, we’ll let you know as soon as we find out more. In the mean time, consider it an amusing story that will be forgotten in a matter of weeks. If that long.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)