Jun 4, 2010, 5:00 PM EST
A few moments ago, I discussed rumors of Flyers fans forming a “flash mob.” In the final paragraph, I wondered if the movement would fall flat like the weak “Fire Sather” rally among New York Rangers fans. It looks like that instinct was dead-on, at least according to one reliable Flyers blogger.
The creators of this idea simply want to show the Blackhawks that Flyers fans support their team by displaying strength in numbers. But apparently, that’s not going to work out so well. As of this writing, only 14 people have confirmed attendance, while 28 have responded that they might attend. 70 people, meanwhile, declined attendance.
This mob isn’t so mobby. It sounds more like a couple of dudes trying to catch a bus that travels faster down Broad Street than they can possibly better. The rather benign nature of this thing didn’t stop it from getting negative press, however.
Yup, if it’s anything like the myriad Facebook party invitations everyone receives, most of the people involved won’t even click on the link. A few people who weren’t invited will show up. Finally, a bunch of people who said they would come will find something else to do.
Still, you never know. If something happens, we’ll let you know as soon as we find out more. In the mean time, consider it an amusing story that will be forgotten in a matter of weeks. If that long.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 1
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 62
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 65
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 61
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 36
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 64
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 169
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (169)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) (66)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (64)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (62)