Jun 4, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
A few moments ago, I discussed rumors of Flyers fans forming a “flash mob.” In the final paragraph, I wondered if the movement would fall flat like the weak “Fire Sather” rally among New York Rangers fans. It looks like that instinct was dead-on, at least according to one reliable Flyers blogger.
The creators of this idea simply want to show the Blackhawks that Flyers fans support their team by displaying strength in numbers. But apparently, that’s not going to work out so well. As of this writing, only 14 people have confirmed attendance, while 28 have responded that they might attend. 70 people, meanwhile, declined attendance.
This mob isn’t so mobby. It sounds more like a couple of dudes trying to catch a bus that travels faster down Broad Street than they can possibly better. The rather benign nature of this thing didn’t stop it from getting negative press, however.
Yup, if it’s anything like the myriad Facebook party invitations everyone receives, most of the people involved won’t even click on the link. A few people who weren’t invited will show up. Finally, a bunch of people who said they would come will find something else to do.
Still, you never know. If something happens, we’ll let you know as soon as we find out more. In the mean time, consider it an amusing story that will be forgotten in a matter of weeks. If that long.
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 0
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64