Jun 4, 2010, 5:20 PM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes ownership situation keeps limping its way to the finish line. Today could mark a step in the right direction – or at least in the area of an actual decision – as Coyotes blogger Travis Hair of Five for Howling shares the latest news on the process.
Hair mentions that the Glendale City Council is set to meet with Ice Edge Holdings and “presumably whoever else is out there at the moment pursuing the team” this afternoon. Here’s more on the meeting from Five for Howling.
The main thing being reported is that the meeting is basically to get the details on and possibly approve, though that should come later in a public session, a memorandum of understanding between the City and IEH. The bigger part of the news though is that there also seems to be a preliminary lease agreement to be discussed, though details on that have been sketchy.
There are also reports that the MOU has a 60 day window for exclusive negotiating rights for the lease agreement to be worked out should Glendale approve the Memorandum of Understanding.
The post mentions that Ice Edge Holdings has “the inside track” on getting a deal done. It’s certainly been a bumpy road for the Coyotes and their potential owners. Of course, the journey’s not over just yet.
Not to be a broken record with this ownership situation, but we’ll keep you informed about this puck-based soap opera as it waddles along.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 56
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 34
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 51
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (169)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)