Jun 4, 2010, 5:20 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes ownership situation keeps limping its way to the finish line. Today could mark a step in the right direction – or at least in the area of an actual decision – as Coyotes blogger Travis Hair of Five for Howling shares the latest news on the process.
Hair mentions that the Glendale City Council is set to meet with Ice Edge Holdings and “presumably whoever else is out there at the moment pursuing the team” this afternoon. Here’s more on the meeting from Five for Howling.
The main thing being reported is that the meeting is basically to get the details on and possibly approve, though that should come later in a public session, a memorandum of understanding between the City and IEH. The bigger part of the news though is that there also seems to be a preliminary lease agreement to be discussed, though details on that have been sketchy.
There are also reports that the MOU has a 60 day window for exclusive negotiating rights for the lease agreement to be worked out should Glendale approve the Memorandum of Understanding.
The post mentions that Ice Edge Holdings has “the inside track” on getting a deal done. It’s certainly been a bumpy road for the Coyotes and their potential owners. Of course, the journey’s not over just yet.
Not to be a broken record with this ownership situation, but we’ll keep you informed about this puck-based soap opera as it waddles along.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 34
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)