Jun 4, 2010, 5:20 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes ownership situation keeps limping its way to the finish line. Today could mark a step in the right direction – or at least in the area of an actual decision – as Coyotes blogger Travis Hair of Five for Howling shares the latest news on the process.
Hair mentions that the Glendale City Council is set to meet with Ice Edge Holdings and “presumably whoever else is out there at the moment pursuing the team” this afternoon. Here’s more on the meeting from Five for Howling.
The main thing being reported is that the meeting is basically to get the details on and possibly approve, though that should come later in a public session, a memorandum of understanding between the City and IEH. The bigger part of the news though is that there also seems to be a preliminary lease agreement to be discussed, though details on that have been sketchy.
There are also reports that the MOU has a 60 day window for exclusive negotiating rights for the lease agreement to be worked out should Glendale approve the Memorandum of Understanding.
The post mentions that Ice Edge Holdings has “the inside track” on getting a deal done. It’s certainly been a bumpy road for the Coyotes and their potential owners. Of course, the journey’s not over just yet.
Not to be a broken record with this ownership situation, but we’ll keep you informed about this puck-based soap opera as it waddles along.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)