Jun 4, 2010, 5:20 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes ownership situation keeps limping its way to the finish line. Today could mark a step in the right direction – or at least in the area of an actual decision – as Coyotes blogger Travis Hair of Five for Howling shares the latest news on the process.
Hair mentions that the Glendale City Council is set to meet with Ice Edge Holdings and “presumably whoever else is out there at the moment pursuing the team” this afternoon. Here’s more on the meeting from Five for Howling.
The main thing being reported is that the meeting is basically to get the details on and possibly approve, though that should come later in a public session, a memorandum of understanding between the City and IEH. The bigger part of the news though is that there also seems to be a preliminary lease agreement to be discussed, though details on that have been sketchy.
There are also reports that the MOU has a 60 day window for exclusive negotiating rights for the lease agreement to be worked out should Glendale approve the Memorandum of Understanding.
The post mentions that Ice Edge Holdings has “the inside track” on getting a deal done. It’s certainly been a bumpy road for the Coyotes and their potential owners. Of course, the journey’s not over just yet.
Not to be a broken record with this ownership situation, but we’ll keep you informed about this puck-based soap opera as it waddles along.
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 0
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 7
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)