Jun 4, 2010, 10:08 PM EST
Eh, what a lame second period.
The Flyers, honestly, weren’t all that amazing in the middle frame but maybe they can sense that the Blackhawks are barely even in the building. The one thing that stands out, though, is that while Chicago is flat, it seems like the officials are truly putting their whistles away. This behooves Philadelphia more than Chicago, especially in their own building.
The Blackhawks keep shooting themselves in the foot. They took three penalties in the second period and, really, they just haven’t had much passion or hunger in this one. I know that those words come straight out of the Sleepy Sports Terminology Handbook, but how else do you describe Chicago’s tepid performance?
One thing, though, is that Hawks are throwing their bodies around, at least taking it to Flyers forward Ville Leino in particular.
A lot can change with a goal, but the question is, will there even be another one in this game? Honestly, I expected a lot more from Chicago in this one. They might have to do some serious soul searching after this one. (Then again, it’s still only two goals …)
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)