Jun 4, 2010, 10:08 PM EDT
Eh, what a lame second period.
The Flyers, honestly, weren’t all that amazing in the middle frame but maybe they can sense that the Blackhawks are barely even in the building. The one thing that stands out, though, is that while Chicago is flat, it seems like the officials are truly putting their whistles away. This behooves Philadelphia more than Chicago, especially in their own building.
The Blackhawks keep shooting themselves in the foot. They took three penalties in the second period and, really, they just haven’t had much passion or hunger in this one. I know that those words come straight out of the Sleepy Sports Terminology Handbook, but how else do you describe Chicago’s tepid performance?
One thing, though, is that Hawks are throwing their bodies around, at least taking it to Flyers forward Ville Leino in particular.
A lot can change with a goal, but the question is, will there even be another one in this game? Honestly, I expected a lot more from Chicago in this one. They might have to do some serious soul searching after this one. (Then again, it’s still only two goals …)
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)