Jun 4, 2010, 10:08 PM EDT
Eh, what a lame second period.
The Flyers, honestly, weren’t all that amazing in the middle frame but maybe they can sense that the Blackhawks are barely even in the building. The one thing that stands out, though, is that while Chicago is flat, it seems like the officials are truly putting their whistles away. This behooves Philadelphia more than Chicago, especially in their own building.
The Blackhawks keep shooting themselves in the foot. They took three penalties in the second period and, really, they just haven’t had much passion or hunger in this one. I know that those words come straight out of the Sleepy Sports Terminology Handbook, but how else do you describe Chicago’s tepid performance?
One thing, though, is that Hawks are throwing their bodies around, at least taking it to Flyers forward Ville Leino in particular.
A lot can change with a goal, but the question is, will there even be another one in this game? Honestly, I expected a lot more from Chicago in this one. They might have to do some serious soul searching after this one. (Then again, it’s still only two goals …)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)