Jun 4, 2010, 10:08 PM EDT
Eh, what a lame second period.
The Flyers, honestly, weren’t all that amazing in the middle frame but maybe they can sense that the Blackhawks are barely even in the building. The one thing that stands out, though, is that while Chicago is flat, it seems like the officials are truly putting their whistles away. This behooves Philadelphia more than Chicago, especially in their own building.
The Blackhawks keep shooting themselves in the foot. They took three penalties in the second period and, really, they just haven’t had much passion or hunger in this one. I know that those words come straight out of the Sleepy Sports Terminology Handbook, but how else do you describe Chicago’s tepid performance?
One thing, though, is that Hawks are throwing their bodies around, at least taking it to Flyers forward Ville Leino in particular.
A lot can change with a goal, but the question is, will there even be another one in this game? Honestly, I expected a lot more from Chicago in this one. They might have to do some serious soul searching after this one. (Then again, it’s still only two goals …)
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 1
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 15
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 18
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)