Jun 4, 2010, 10:08 PM EDT
Eh, what a lame second period.
The Flyers, honestly, weren’t all that amazing in the middle frame but maybe they can sense that the Blackhawks are barely even in the building. The one thing that stands out, though, is that while Chicago is flat, it seems like the officials are truly putting their whistles away. This behooves Philadelphia more than Chicago, especially in their own building.
The Blackhawks keep shooting themselves in the foot. They took three penalties in the second period and, really, they just haven’t had much passion or hunger in this one. I know that those words come straight out of the Sleepy Sports Terminology Handbook, but how else do you describe Chicago’s tepid performance?
One thing, though, is that Hawks are throwing their bodies around, at least taking it to Flyers forward Ville Leino in particular.
A lot can change with a goal, but the question is, will there even be another one in this game? Honestly, I expected a lot more from Chicago in this one. They might have to do some serious soul searching after this one. (Then again, it’s still only two goals …)
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 8
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 44
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (44)