Jun 4, 2010, 8:40 PM EDT
He’s been the surprise of the postseason fort he Flyers, and one of the main reasons the team has been so successful without their top line performing. Yet there’s some bad news coming, potentially.
The Flyers were in the midst of a nifty transition from defense through the neutral zone, when Brian Campbell caught Leino with a nasty hip check as Leino was skating backwards with the puck. Not exactly the best position to be in.
Leino struggled to get up, after colliding with the boards, and was helped off the ice and into the locker room. We’ll update you on his condition as soon as we get word, but he has yet to make it back out on the bench for the Flyers.
[Update] Leino is back out on the ice, and is fast and feisty as ever.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 5
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (57)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)