Jun 4, 2010, 8:40 PM EDT
He’s been the surprise of the postseason fort he Flyers, and one of the main reasons the team has been so successful without their top line performing. Yet there’s some bad news coming, potentially.
The Flyers were in the midst of a nifty transition from defense through the neutral zone, when Brian Campbell caught Leino with a nasty hip check as Leino was skating backwards with the puck. Not exactly the best position to be in.
Leino struggled to get up, after colliding with the boards, and was helped off the ice and into the locker room. We’ll update you on his condition as soon as we get word, but he has yet to make it back out on the bench for the Flyers.
[Update] Leino is back out on the ice, and is fast and feisty as ever.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 2
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 16
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 18
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 16
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 50
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (66)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)