Jun 4, 2010, 8:40 PM EDT
He’s been the surprise of the postseason fort he Flyers, and one of the main reasons the team has been so successful without their top line performing. Yet there’s some bad news coming, potentially.
The Flyers were in the midst of a nifty transition from defense through the neutral zone, when Brian Campbell caught Leino with a nasty hip check as Leino was skating backwards with the puck. Not exactly the best position to be in.
Leino struggled to get up, after colliding with the boards, and was helped off the ice and into the locker room. We’ll update you on his condition as soon as we get word, but he has yet to make it back out on the bench for the Flyers.
[Update] Leino is back out on the ice, and is fast and feisty as ever.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54