Jun 3, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
When it comes to the NFL Draft, everyone and their crazy Uncle Henry seem to come out with a mock draft. Hockey might not enjoy the same brand of around-the-clock coverage, but that doesn’t change the fact that June’s Entry Draft will fuel debates among NHL executives and scouts for some time.
Who will end up being a bigger difference maker: Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin? Should the Bruins go with Cam Fowler instead pf Seguin, if the chips fall the way people expect? Does this draft have the next Henrik Zetterberg?
There’s no way to know for sure how productive an 18 or 19-year-old hockey player will be as the person matures. There does seem to be a consensus, though, at least when it comes to NHL.com’s poll of one Eastern and Western Conference executive: Hall is considered the No. 1 pick over Seguin in both cases.
Actually, both personnel men had the same top 5 picks:
- Erik Gudbranson
- Brandon Gormley
It’s pretty difficult to dissent about Hall being the No. 1 pick right now. He’s been a major success in almost every format of hockey competition. That being said, Seguin didn’t have the kind of firepower surrounding him when the two top prospects met at high levels of junior competition, so the jury’s really still out on this one.
We’ll be all over the 2010 NHL Draft this summer. Along with the June 25-26 event itself, we’ll provide player profiles, analysis of picks/trades and plenty of other coverage before and after it takes place. Make sure to stick with us through that exciting process.
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 18
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)