Jun 3, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
When it comes to the NFL Draft, everyone and their crazy Uncle Henry seem to come out with a mock draft. Hockey might not enjoy the same brand of around-the-clock coverage, but that doesn’t change the fact that June’s Entry Draft will fuel debates among NHL executives and scouts for some time.
Who will end up being a bigger difference maker: Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin? Should the Bruins go with Cam Fowler instead pf Seguin, if the chips fall the way people expect? Does this draft have the next Henrik Zetterberg?
There’s no way to know for sure how productive an 18 or 19-year-old hockey player will be as the person matures. There does seem to be a consensus, though, at least when it comes to NHL.com’s poll of one Eastern and Western Conference executive: Hall is considered the No. 1 pick over Seguin in both cases.
Actually, both personnel men had the same top 5 picks:
- Erik Gudbranson
- Brandon Gormley
It’s pretty difficult to dissent about Hall being the No. 1 pick right now. He’s been a major success in almost every format of hockey competition. That being said, Seguin didn’t have the kind of firepower surrounding him when the two top prospects met at high levels of junior competition, so the jury’s really still out on this one.
We’ll be all over the 2010 NHL Draft this summer. Along with the June 25-26 event itself, we’ll provide player profiles, analysis of picks/trades and plenty of other coverage before and after it takes place. Make sure to stick with us through that exciting process.
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 0
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 12
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 30
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)