Jun 3, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
When it comes to the NFL Draft, everyone and their crazy Uncle Henry seem to come out with a mock draft. Hockey might not enjoy the same brand of around-the-clock coverage, but that doesn’t change the fact that June’s Entry Draft will fuel debates among NHL executives and scouts for some time.
Who will end up being a bigger difference maker: Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin? Should the Bruins go with Cam Fowler instead pf Seguin, if the chips fall the way people expect? Does this draft have the next Henrik Zetterberg?
There’s no way to know for sure how productive an 18 or 19-year-old hockey player will be as the person matures. There does seem to be a consensus, though, at least when it comes to NHL.com’s poll of one Eastern and Western Conference executive: Hall is considered the No. 1 pick over Seguin in both cases.
Actually, both personnel men had the same top 5 picks:
- Erik Gudbranson
- Brandon Gormley
It’s pretty difficult to dissent about Hall being the No. 1 pick right now. He’s been a major success in almost every format of hockey competition. That being said, Seguin didn’t have the kind of firepower surrounding him when the two top prospects met at high levels of junior competition, so the jury’s really still out on this one.
We’ll be all over the 2010 NHL Draft this summer. Along with the June 25-26 event itself, we’ll provide player profiles, analysis of picks/trades and plenty of other coverage before and after it takes place. Make sure to stick with us through that exciting process.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (115)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)