Jun 2, 2010, 10:50 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers will enter the first overtime of the Stanley Cup finals in just a few moments. Game 3 is tied 3-3 in a game that the Flyers desperately want to win.
It was all Philly in the third, that’s for sure. The Flyers’ domination of the final frame is starting to be a trend in this series. In Game 2 it wasn’t enough, but they’re at least still alive in this one. Philadelphia out-shot Chicago 15-4 in the third period and controlled the flow of the game.
For a moment, things were looking pretty grim. Despite playing some great hockey, the Flyers sprung a leak and allowed Jonathan Toews to hit Patrick Kane with a breakout pass and a beauty of a goal. It didn’t take long for Philadelphia to respond, though, as Ville Leino continued his outstanding playoff play with a tying goal only 20 seconds later.
The mood in the chat is that the referees are letting a lot go and officials generally “swallow their whistles” during overtime anyway. It sees likely that this game will continue to be tense and rough, with a “let them play” mentality.
There’s no doubt that this game means more to the Flyers. It showed in that one-sided third period, but this game could go either way. Stay tuned for more chatting and analysis of Game 3 as the game goes into overtime.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 19
- All eyes on Lundqvist 8
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)