Jun 2, 2010, 10:50 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers will enter the first overtime of the Stanley Cup finals in just a few moments. Game 3 is tied 3-3 in a game that the Flyers desperately want to win.
It was all Philly in the third, that’s for sure. The Flyers’ domination of the final frame is starting to be a trend in this series. In Game 2 it wasn’t enough, but they’re at least still alive in this one. Philadelphia out-shot Chicago 15-4 in the third period and controlled the flow of the game.
For a moment, things were looking pretty grim. Despite playing some great hockey, the Flyers sprung a leak and allowed Jonathan Toews to hit Patrick Kane with a breakout pass and a beauty of a goal. It didn’t take long for Philadelphia to respond, though, as Ville Leino continued his outstanding playoff play with a tying goal only 20 seconds later.
The mood in the chat is that the referees are letting a lot go and officials generally “swallow their whistles” during overtime anyway. It sees likely that this game will continue to be tense and rough, with a “let them play” mentality.
There’s no doubt that this game means more to the Flyers. It showed in that one-sided third period, but this game could go either way. Stay tuned for more chatting and analysis of Game 3 as the game goes into overtime.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)