Jun 2, 2010, 10:50 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers will enter the first overtime of the Stanley Cup finals in just a few moments. Game 3 is tied 3-3 in a game that the Flyers desperately want to win.
It was all Philly in the third, that’s for sure. The Flyers’ domination of the final frame is starting to be a trend in this series. In Game 2 it wasn’t enough, but they’re at least still alive in this one. Philadelphia out-shot Chicago 15-4 in the third period and controlled the flow of the game.
For a moment, things were looking pretty grim. Despite playing some great hockey, the Flyers sprung a leak and allowed Jonathan Toews to hit Patrick Kane with a breakout pass and a beauty of a goal. It didn’t take long for Philadelphia to respond, though, as Ville Leino continued his outstanding playoff play with a tying goal only 20 seconds later.
The mood in the chat is that the referees are letting a lot go and officials generally “swallow their whistles” during overtime anyway. It sees likely that this game will continue to be tense and rough, with a “let them play” mentality.
There’s no doubt that this game means more to the Flyers. It showed in that one-sided third period, but this game could go either way. Stay tuned for more chatting and analysis of Game 3 as the game goes into overtime.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)