Jun 2, 2010, 10:50 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers will enter the first overtime of the Stanley Cup finals in just a few moments. Game 3 is tied 3-3 in a game that the Flyers desperately want to win.
It was all Philly in the third, that’s for sure. The Flyers’ domination of the final frame is starting to be a trend in this series. In Game 2 it wasn’t enough, but they’re at least still alive in this one. Philadelphia out-shot Chicago 15-4 in the third period and controlled the flow of the game.
For a moment, things were looking pretty grim. Despite playing some great hockey, the Flyers sprung a leak and allowed Jonathan Toews to hit Patrick Kane with a breakout pass and a beauty of a goal. It didn’t take long for Philadelphia to respond, though, as Ville Leino continued his outstanding playoff play with a tying goal only 20 seconds later.
The mood in the chat is that the referees are letting a lot go and officials generally “swallow their whistles” during overtime anyway. It sees likely that this game will continue to be tense and rough, with a “let them play” mentality.
There’s no doubt that this game means more to the Flyers. It showed in that one-sided third period, but this game could go either way. Stay tuned for more chatting and analysis of Game 3 as the game goes into overtime.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 9
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)