Jun 2, 2010, 10:50 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers will enter the first overtime of the Stanley Cup finals in just a few moments. Game 3 is tied 3-3 in a game that the Flyers desperately want to win.
It was all Philly in the third, that’s for sure. The Flyers’ domination of the final frame is starting to be a trend in this series. In Game 2 it wasn’t enough, but they’re at least still alive in this one. Philadelphia out-shot Chicago 15-4 in the third period and controlled the flow of the game.
For a moment, things were looking pretty grim. Despite playing some great hockey, the Flyers sprung a leak and allowed Jonathan Toews to hit Patrick Kane with a breakout pass and a beauty of a goal. It didn’t take long for Philadelphia to respond, though, as Ville Leino continued his outstanding playoff play with a tying goal only 20 seconds later.
The mood in the chat is that the referees are letting a lot go and officials generally “swallow their whistles” during overtime anyway. It sees likely that this game will continue to be tense and rough, with a “let them play” mentality.
There’s no doubt that this game means more to the Flyers. It showed in that one-sided third period, but this game could go either way. Stay tuned for more chatting and analysis of Game 3 as the game goes into overtime.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)