Jun 2, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
After putting up three shutouts against the Montreal Canadiens in the Eastern Conference finals, Michael Leighton is struggling in the Stanley Cup finals. He allowed a fairly weak goal tonight against Brent Sopel (of all people) as the two teams go into the third period tied 2-2.
Duncan Keith is credited with the other Blackhawks goal, which deflected off of Jeff Carter’s stick and into the net. The Flyers scored one in the first period and one in the second, with Scott Hartnell providing an excellent deflection to beat Antti Niemi.
The Blackhawks keep getting goals from unexpected sources in this series. While Patrick Kane finally recorded his first point of the Cup finals (an assist on Keith’s goal), it’s obvious that depth is making all the difference for Chicago so far.
Philadelphia obviously needs this one, badly. Can they get back into the series tonight? We’ll find out in the third period.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 11
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)