Jun 2, 2010, 10:00 PM EST
After putting up three shutouts against the Montreal Canadiens in the Eastern Conference finals, Michael Leighton is struggling in the Stanley Cup finals. He allowed a fairly weak goal tonight against Brent Sopel (of all people) as the two teams go into the third period tied 2-2.
Duncan Keith is credited with the other Blackhawks goal, which deflected off of Jeff Carter’s stick and into the net. The Flyers scored one in the first period and one in the second, with Scott Hartnell providing an excellent deflection to beat Antti Niemi.
The Blackhawks keep getting goals from unexpected sources in this series. While Patrick Kane finally recorded his first point of the Cup finals (an assist on Keith’s goal), it’s obvious that depth is making all the difference for Chicago so far.
Philadelphia obviously needs this one, badly. Can they get back into the series tonight? We’ll find out in the third period.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11