Jun 2, 2010, 10:00 PM EST
After putting up three shutouts against the Montreal Canadiens in the Eastern Conference finals, Michael Leighton is struggling in the Stanley Cup finals. He allowed a fairly weak goal tonight against Brent Sopel (of all people) as the two teams go into the third period tied 2-2.
Duncan Keith is credited with the other Blackhawks goal, which deflected off of Jeff Carter’s stick and into the net. The Flyers scored one in the first period and one in the second, with Scott Hartnell providing an excellent deflection to beat Antti Niemi.
The Blackhawks keep getting goals from unexpected sources in this series. While Patrick Kane finally recorded his first point of the Cup finals (an assist on Keith’s goal), it’s obvious that depth is making all the difference for Chicago so far.
Philadelphia obviously needs this one, badly. Can they get back into the series tonight? We’ll find out in the third period.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 46
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)