Jun 2, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
After putting up three shutouts against the Montreal Canadiens in the Eastern Conference finals, Michael Leighton is struggling in the Stanley Cup finals. He allowed a fairly weak goal tonight against Brent Sopel (of all people) as the two teams go into the third period tied 2-2.
Duncan Keith is credited with the other Blackhawks goal, which deflected off of Jeff Carter’s stick and into the net. The Flyers scored one in the first period and one in the second, with Scott Hartnell providing an excellent deflection to beat Antti Niemi.
The Blackhawks keep getting goals from unexpected sources in this series. While Patrick Kane finally recorded his first point of the Cup finals (an assist on Keith’s goal), it’s obvious that depth is making all the difference for Chicago so far.
Philadelphia obviously needs this one, badly. Can they get back into the series tonight? We’ll find out in the third period.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13