Jun 2, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
After putting up three shutouts against the Montreal Canadiens in the Eastern Conference finals, Michael Leighton is struggling in the Stanley Cup finals. He allowed a fairly weak goal tonight against Brent Sopel (of all people) as the two teams go into the third period tied 2-2.
Duncan Keith is credited with the other Blackhawks goal, which deflected off of Jeff Carter’s stick and into the net. The Flyers scored one in the first period and one in the second, with Scott Hartnell providing an excellent deflection to beat Antti Niemi.
The Blackhawks keep getting goals from unexpected sources in this series. While Patrick Kane finally recorded his first point of the Cup finals (an assist on Keith’s goal), it’s obvious that depth is making all the difference for Chicago so far.
Philadelphia obviously needs this one, badly. Can they get back into the series tonight? We’ll find out in the third period.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)