Jun 2, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
Everyone’s eyebrows raised a bit today at the morning skate for the Chicago Blackhacks when Andrew Ladd skated for the first time with the team. He looked fine, didn’t seem to be all that limited and immediately we started to debate on who might come out for the Hawks if Ladd could play.
The first thought was Adam Burish, who hasn’t been getting that many minutes but who has been instrumental in negating the agitation the Flyers have tried to use against the Hawks. Or it could be Ben Eager or Tomas Kopecky, but both have been scoring big goals for Chicago while the top line has struggled.
Turns out they won’t have to worry about all that, at least for tonight, as Joel Quenneville says that Ladd is out tonight and is still “day-to-day” with his injury.
It’s a great problem to have, when the prospect of Ladd coming back into the lineup means that the Hawks will struggle with trying to find someone to pull of the ice. The Hawks have used their depth to get this far in the postseason and their depth is reason No. 1 that they’ve been successful against the Flyers in two games.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 15
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 26
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)