Jun 2, 2010, 12:45 PM EST
Everyone’s eyebrows raised a bit today at the morning skate for the Chicago Blackhacks when Andrew Ladd skated for the first time with the team. He looked fine, didn’t seem to be all that limited and immediately we started to debate on who might come out for the Hawks if Ladd could play.
The first thought was Adam Burish, who hasn’t been getting that many minutes but who has been instrumental in negating the agitation the Flyers have tried to use against the Hawks. Or it could be Ben Eager or Tomas Kopecky, but both have been scoring big goals for Chicago while the top line has struggled.
Turns out they won’t have to worry about all that, at least for tonight, as Joel Quenneville says that Ladd is out tonight and is still “day-to-day” with his injury.
It’s a great problem to have, when the prospect of Ladd coming back into the lineup means that the Hawks will struggle with trying to find someone to pull of the ice. The Hawks have used their depth to get this far in the postseason and their depth is reason No. 1 that they’ve been successful against the Flyers in two games.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)