Jun 2, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers played like they needed to win Game 3 and were rewarded handsomely in overtime with a 4-3 win. All three contests have been one-goal games so far, so it only seems fair that Philly took one from Chicago.
Philadelphia Flyers 4, Chicago Blackhawks 3 OT
Blackhawks lead series 2-1
The Flyers had two possible goals go to video review. The first one (during regulation) stood as a goal while the would-be overtime game-winner clearly didn’t cross the red line. Instead of sulking about the non-goal, the Flyers roared back just a few moments later. Claude Giroux capped a great night with an exhilarating deflection goal to earn his team the win.
Ville Leino tied the game up, Grioux produced an impressive one goal, two assist performance and Danny Briere scored a goal while producing one of those actually-crucial second assists on the game-winner.
There were times when the Blackhawks were looking like they had woken up in that overtime period, but the Flyers were the aggressors overall. Now down only 2-1 in this series, the Flyers found new life in sudden death overtime.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 0
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 29
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)