Jun 2, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers played like they needed to win Game 3 and were rewarded handsomely in overtime with a 4-3 win. All three contests have been one-goal games so far, so it only seems fair that Philly took one from Chicago.
Philadelphia Flyers 4, Chicago Blackhawks 3 OT
Blackhawks lead series 2-1
The Flyers had two possible goals go to video review. The first one (during regulation) stood as a goal while the would-be overtime game-winner clearly didn’t cross the red line. Instead of sulking about the non-goal, the Flyers roared back just a few moments later. Claude Giroux capped a great night with an exhilarating deflection goal to earn his team the win.
Ville Leino tied the game up, Grioux produced an impressive one goal, two assist performance and Danny Briere scored a goal while producing one of those actually-crucial second assists on the game-winner.
There were times when the Blackhawks were looking like they had woken up in that overtime period, but the Flyers were the aggressors overall. Now down only 2-1 in this series, the Flyers found new life in sudden death overtime.
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 0
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 47
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 22
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 14
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)