Jun 2, 2010, 11:30 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers played like they needed to win Game 3 and were rewarded handsomely in overtime with a 4-3 win. All three contests have been one-goal games so far, so it only seems fair that Philly took one from Chicago.
Philadelphia Flyers 4, Chicago Blackhawks 3 OT
Blackhawks lead series 2-1
The Flyers had two possible goals go to video review. The first one (during regulation) stood as a goal while the would-be overtime game-winner clearly didn’t cross the red line. Instead of sulking about the non-goal, the Flyers roared back just a few moments later. Claude Giroux capped a great night with an exhilarating deflection goal to earn his team the win.
Ville Leino tied the game up, Grioux produced an impressive one goal, two assist performance and Danny Briere scored a goal while producing one of those actually-crucial second assists on the game-winner.
There were times when the Blackhawks were looking like they had woken up in that overtime period, but the Flyers were the aggressors overall. Now down only 2-1 in this series, the Flyers found new life in sudden death overtime.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 35
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)