Jun 2, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers played like they needed to win Game 3 and were rewarded handsomely in overtime with a 4-3 win. All three contests have been one-goal games so far, so it only seems fair that Philly took one from Chicago.
Philadelphia Flyers 4, Chicago Blackhawks 3 OT
Blackhawks lead series 2-1
The Flyers had two possible goals go to video review. The first one (during regulation) stood as a goal while the would-be overtime game-winner clearly didn’t cross the red line. Instead of sulking about the non-goal, the Flyers roared back just a few moments later. Claude Giroux capped a great night with an exhilarating deflection goal to earn his team the win.
Ville Leino tied the game up, Grioux produced an impressive one goal, two assist performance and Danny Briere scored a goal while producing one of those actually-crucial second assists on the game-winner.
There were times when the Blackhawks were looking like they had woken up in that overtime period, but the Flyers were the aggressors overall. Now down only 2-1 in this series, the Flyers found new life in sudden death overtime.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 50
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)