Jun 2, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers played like they needed to win Game 3 and were rewarded handsomely in overtime with a 4-3 win. All three contests have been one-goal games so far, so it only seems fair that Philly took one from Chicago.
Philadelphia Flyers 4, Chicago Blackhawks 3 OT
Blackhawks lead series 2-1
The Flyers had two possible goals go to video review. The first one (during regulation) stood as a goal while the would-be overtime game-winner clearly didn’t cross the red line. Instead of sulking about the non-goal, the Flyers roared back just a few moments later. Claude Giroux capped a great night with an exhilarating deflection goal to earn his team the win.
Ville Leino tied the game up, Grioux produced an impressive one goal, two assist performance and Danny Briere scored a goal while producing one of those actually-crucial second assists on the game-winner.
There were times when the Blackhawks were looking like they had woken up in that overtime period, but the Flyers were the aggressors overall. Now down only 2-1 in this series, the Flyers found new life in sudden death overtime.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 15
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 88
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 12
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 34
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (89)