Jun 1, 2010, 10:21 PM EST
The International Scouting Services put out their final listing of the top prospects available for the 2010 NHL Draft and, unsurprisingly, Windsor Spitfires forward Taylor Hall is their top prospect. As for the rest of the top five, things there also stayed the same.
Plymouth Whalers’ playmaking centre Tyler Seguin remains hot on Hall’s heels as the runner-up after a phenomenal individual season in which he was named the CHL’s Top Prospect. He is followed in the rankings by Moncton Wildcats’ blueliner Brandon Gormley, Russian sniper Vladimir Tarasenko and Hall’s Memorial Cup-winning teammate Cam Fowler to round out the top 5.
With the Edmonton Oilers slated to pick first at this year’s draft in Los Angeles, the intrigue for how things will break down there surrounds them as it’ll be either Hall or Seguin that the Oilers will go for, barring a monstrous blockbuster trade. The fate of the Boston Bruins also similarly waits in the hands of the Oilers as they’ll be picking second and might want to gear up for Taylor Hall as the Oilers have been putting out signals that they seem set to go for Tyler Seguin.
That is unless the Oilers are just messing with everyone and making us all look like jerks for saying they’re dead-set on taking Seguin. It could be their way of getting back at new media, those sneaky devils.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 2
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 12
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 45
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)