Jun 1, 2010, 10:21 PM EDT
The International Scouting Services put out their final listing of the top prospects available for the 2010 NHL Draft and, unsurprisingly, Windsor Spitfires forward Taylor Hall is their top prospect. As for the rest of the top five, things there also stayed the same.
Plymouth Whalers’ playmaking centre Tyler Seguin remains hot on Hall’s heels as the runner-up after a phenomenal individual season in which he was named the CHL’s Top Prospect. He is followed in the rankings by Moncton Wildcats’ blueliner Brandon Gormley, Russian sniper Vladimir Tarasenko and Hall’s Memorial Cup-winning teammate Cam Fowler to round out the top 5.
With the Edmonton Oilers slated to pick first at this year’s draft in Los Angeles, the intrigue for how things will break down there surrounds them as it’ll be either Hall or Seguin that the Oilers will go for, barring a monstrous blockbuster trade. The fate of the Boston Bruins also similarly waits in the hands of the Oilers as they’ll be picking second and might want to gear up for Taylor Hall as the Oilers have been putting out signals that they seem set to go for Tyler Seguin.
That is unless the Oilers are just messing with everyone and making us all look like jerks for saying they’re dead-set on taking Seguin. It could be their way of getting back at new media, those sneaky devils.
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 5
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 8
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)