Jun 1, 2010, 10:21 PM EDT
The International Scouting Services put out their final listing of the top prospects available for the 2010 NHL Draft and, unsurprisingly, Windsor Spitfires forward Taylor Hall is their top prospect. As for the rest of the top five, things there also stayed the same.
Plymouth Whalers’ playmaking centre Tyler Seguin remains hot on Hall’s heels as the runner-up after a phenomenal individual season in which he was named the CHL’s Top Prospect. He is followed in the rankings by Moncton Wildcats’ blueliner Brandon Gormley, Russian sniper Vladimir Tarasenko and Hall’s Memorial Cup-winning teammate Cam Fowler to round out the top 5.
With the Edmonton Oilers slated to pick first at this year’s draft in Los Angeles, the intrigue for how things will break down there surrounds them as it’ll be either Hall or Seguin that the Oilers will go for, barring a monstrous blockbuster trade. The fate of the Boston Bruins also similarly waits in the hands of the Oilers as they’ll be picking second and might want to gear up for Taylor Hall as the Oilers have been putting out signals that they seem set to go for Tyler Seguin.
That is unless the Oilers are just messing with everyone and making us all look like jerks for saying they’re dead-set on taking Seguin. It could be their way of getting back at new media, those sneaky devils.
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 0
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 7
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)