Jun 1, 2010, 10:21 PM EDT
The International Scouting Services put out their final listing of the top prospects available for the 2010 NHL Draft and, unsurprisingly, Windsor Spitfires forward Taylor Hall is their top prospect. As for the rest of the top five, things there also stayed the same.
Plymouth Whalers’ playmaking centre Tyler Seguin remains hot on Hall’s heels as the runner-up after a phenomenal individual season in which he was named the CHL’s Top Prospect. He is followed in the rankings by Moncton Wildcats’ blueliner Brandon Gormley, Russian sniper Vladimir Tarasenko and Hall’s Memorial Cup-winning teammate Cam Fowler to round out the top 5.
With the Edmonton Oilers slated to pick first at this year’s draft in Los Angeles, the intrigue for how things will break down there surrounds them as it’ll be either Hall or Seguin that the Oilers will go for, barring a monstrous blockbuster trade. The fate of the Boston Bruins also similarly waits in the hands of the Oilers as they’ll be picking second and might want to gear up for Taylor Hall as the Oilers have been putting out signals that they seem set to go for Tyler Seguin.
That is unless the Oilers are just messing with everyone and making us all look like jerks for saying they’re dead-set on taking Seguin. It could be their way of getting back at new media, those sneaky devils.
- Five big games to watch this weekend 3
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)