Jun 1, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Ah, Chris Pronger. He’s just one of those players who can’t go long without upsetting someone. The latest controversy caused by the big defenseman came after he apparently snatched what would be the “game puck” after both Game 1 and Game 2.
This leaded to a heated (if silly) exchange with Chicago Blackhawks tough guy Ben Eager. Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly captured the story.
Where’s the puck, Pronger was asked.
“It’s in the garbage,” Pronger replied. “Where it belongs.”
You shot a towel at Eager when he complained?
“So what,” Pronger replied.
You’re collecting pucks now?
“Why not? What’s wrong? It’s sitting there. What else is gonna happen to it? It’s sitting there. Sure, why not. You got a problem with that?”
Are you gonna sell it on eBay?
“I don’t know. Apparently, it got him upset. So I guess it worked, didn’t it? It’s too bad. I guess little things amuse little minds.”
I have to admit, the brief hubbub surrounding this story seems a bit dumb, but vaguely entertaining. Is it fair to call Chris Pronger “The Puck Burglar” now?
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 22
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 4
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 46
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 53
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)