Jun 1, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Ah, Chris Pronger. He’s just one of those players who can’t go long without upsetting someone. The latest controversy caused by the big defenseman came after he apparently snatched what would be the “game puck” after both Game 1 and Game 2.
This leaded to a heated (if silly) exchange with Chicago Blackhawks tough guy Ben Eager. Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly captured the story.
Where’s the puck, Pronger was asked.
“It’s in the garbage,” Pronger replied. “Where it belongs.”
You shot a towel at Eager when he complained?
“So what,” Pronger replied.
You’re collecting pucks now?
“Why not? What’s wrong? It’s sitting there. What else is gonna happen to it? It’s sitting there. Sure, why not. You got a problem with that?”
Are you gonna sell it on eBay?
“I don’t know. Apparently, it got him upset. So I guess it worked, didn’t it? It’s too bad. I guess little things amuse little minds.”
I have to admit, the brief hubbub surrounding this story seems a bit dumb, but vaguely entertaining. Is it fair to call Chris Pronger “The Puck Burglar” now?
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 12
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 23
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 55
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)