Jun 1, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Ah, Chris Pronger. He’s just one of those players who can’t go long without upsetting someone. The latest controversy caused by the big defenseman came after he apparently snatched what would be the “game puck” after both Game 1 and Game 2.
This leaded to a heated (if silly) exchange with Chicago Blackhawks tough guy Ben Eager. Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly captured the story.
Where’s the puck, Pronger was asked.
“It’s in the garbage,” Pronger replied. “Where it belongs.”
You shot a towel at Eager when he complained?
“So what,” Pronger replied.
You’re collecting pucks now?
“Why not? What’s wrong? It’s sitting there. What else is gonna happen to it? It’s sitting there. Sure, why not. You got a problem with that?”
Are you gonna sell it on eBay?
“I don’t know. Apparently, it got him upset. So I guess it worked, didn’t it? It’s too bad. I guess little things amuse little minds.”
I have to admit, the brief hubbub surrounding this story seems a bit dumb, but vaguely entertaining. Is it fair to call Chris Pronger “The Puck Burglar” now?
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 1
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 13
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 6
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39