May 31, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
While missing a pre-game skate is no guarantee that a player will miss a game, it’s still not a promising sign. ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that Chicago Blackhawks forward Andrew Ladd did not participate in the morning session today.
Of course, for at least Game 1, the Blackhawks could live with his replacement Tomas Kopecky. He had a beauty of a game winning goal, going in alone against Flyers goalie Brian Boucher and patiently waiting until there was plenty of net to shoot at. Here’s another video of that goal, in case you’re bored with barbecuing and want to click on something.
Again, you never know. Ladd might actually play in tonight’s game. That being said, I’d bet on him sitting during Game 2 if I had to.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38