May 31, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
While missing a pre-game skate is no guarantee that a player will miss a game, it’s still not a promising sign. ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that Chicago Blackhawks forward Andrew Ladd did not participate in the morning session today.
Of course, for at least Game 1, the Blackhawks could live with his replacement Tomas Kopecky. He had a beauty of a game winning goal, going in alone against Flyers goalie Brian Boucher and patiently waiting until there was plenty of net to shoot at. Here’s another video of that goal, in case you’re bored with barbecuing and want to click on something.
Again, you never know. Ladd might actually play in tonight’s game. That being said, I’d bet on him sitting during Game 2 if I had to.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)