May 31, 2010, 1:15 PM EST
Here are some minor injury updates and news for tonight’s Game 2 between the Flyers and Blackhawks.
- Darren Dreger reports that Flyers super-pest Dan Carcillo is expected to be back in the orange tonight for Philadelphia. Take a look at Dreger’s Tweet. (That sounds a bit dirty, doesn’t it?)
Carcillo playing. Says he’s excited. Says he has a lot of pent up energy. Says he will play smart, but physical.
Eh, hearing that Carcillo has a lot of “pent-up energy?” is sort of troubling. He might not be an automatic choice for the “Ron Artest” of the NHL since he’s not quite as much of an impact player, but the former Coyote is one of the NHL’s true double-edged swords. It’s not always easy to tell if he’s worth the headaches, yet he definitely brings a unique skill set to the table.
One interesting caveat, though, is that Flyers coach Peter Laviolette did not confirm Carcillo would be in the lineup, according to ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun. Perhaps this is an example of some gamesmanship from the Flyers coach?
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46