May 31, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Here are some minor injury updates and news for tonight’s Game 2 between the Flyers and Blackhawks.
- Darren Dreger reports that Flyers super-pest Dan Carcillo is expected to be back in the orange tonight for Philadelphia. Take a look at Dreger’s Tweet. (That sounds a bit dirty, doesn’t it?)
Carcillo playing. Says he’s excited. Says he has a lot of pent up energy. Says he will play smart, but physical.
Eh, hearing that Carcillo has a lot of “pent-up energy?” is sort of troubling. He might not be an automatic choice for the “Ron Artest” of the NHL since he’s not quite as much of an impact player, but the former Coyote is one of the NHL’s true double-edged swords. It’s not always easy to tell if he’s worth the headaches, yet he definitely brings a unique skill set to the table.
One interesting caveat, though, is that Flyers coach Peter Laviolette did not confirm Carcillo would be in the lineup, according to ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun. Perhaps this is an example of some gamesmanship from the Flyers coach?
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)