May 31, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Here are some minor injury updates and news for tonight’s Game 2 between the Flyers and Blackhawks.
- Darren Dreger reports that Flyers super-pest Dan Carcillo is expected to be back in the orange tonight for Philadelphia. Take a look at Dreger’s Tweet. (That sounds a bit dirty, doesn’t it?)
Carcillo playing. Says he’s excited. Says he has a lot of pent up energy. Says he will play smart, but physical.
Eh, hearing that Carcillo has a lot of “pent-up energy?” is sort of troubling. He might not be an automatic choice for the “Ron Artest” of the NHL since he’s not quite as much of an impact player, but the former Coyote is one of the NHL’s true double-edged swords. It’s not always easy to tell if he’s worth the headaches, yet he definitely brings a unique skill set to the table.
One interesting caveat, though, is that Flyers coach Peter Laviolette did not confirm Carcillo would be in the lineup, according to ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun. Perhaps this is an example of some gamesmanship from the Flyers coach?
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)