May 31, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Here are some minor injury updates and news for tonight’s Game 2 between the Flyers and Blackhawks.
- Darren Dreger reports that Flyers super-pest Dan Carcillo is expected to be back in the orange tonight for Philadelphia. Take a look at Dreger’s Tweet. (That sounds a bit dirty, doesn’t it?)
Carcillo playing. Says he’s excited. Says he has a lot of pent up energy. Says he will play smart, but physical.
Eh, hearing that Carcillo has a lot of “pent-up energy?” is sort of troubling. He might not be an automatic choice for the “Ron Artest” of the NHL since he’s not quite as much of an impact player, but the former Coyote is one of the NHL’s true double-edged swords. It’s not always easy to tell if he’s worth the headaches, yet he definitely brings a unique skill set to the table.
One interesting caveat, though, is that Flyers coach Peter Laviolette did not confirm Carcillo would be in the lineup, according to ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun. Perhaps this is an example of some gamesmanship from the Flyers coach?
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12