May 31, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Here are some minor injury updates and news for tonight’s Game 2 between the Flyers and Blackhawks.
- Darren Dreger reports that Flyers super-pest Dan Carcillo is expected to be back in the orange tonight for Philadelphia. Take a look at Dreger’s Tweet. (That sounds a bit dirty, doesn’t it?)
Carcillo playing. Says he’s excited. Says he has a lot of pent up energy. Says he will play smart, but physical.
Eh, hearing that Carcillo has a lot of “pent-up energy?” is sort of troubling. He might not be an automatic choice for the “Ron Artest” of the NHL since he’s not quite as much of an impact player, but the former Coyote is one of the NHL’s true double-edged swords. It’s not always easy to tell if he’s worth the headaches, yet he definitely brings a unique skill set to the table.
One interesting caveat, though, is that Flyers coach Peter Laviolette did not confirm Carcillo would be in the lineup, according to ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun. Perhaps this is an example of some gamesmanship from the Flyers coach?
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 11
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 7
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 0
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)