May 29, 2010, 10:24 PM EDT
Well, if casual fans enjoy goal scoring frenzies, then this game is simply a buffet of goodness. Jacques Lemaire might want to look away from the screen, though.
Flyers 5, Blackhawks 5
End of second period
Michael Leighton looked nervous early and played that way all game. He ended up getting the boot in the second period in the first game Brian Boucher returned as his backup, although at least in this case no one was injured. Instead Leighton just played like something was ailing him, allowing 5 goals on only 20 shots. Antti Niemi’s night hasn’t been much better, although he’s still in net for Chicago after giving up 5 goals on 26.
Danny Briere’s had an excellent 1 goal and 3 assists while Troy Brouwer put up an impressive 2 goals and 1 assist.
This is not a game for fans of tight checking, defensive hockey. Philadelphia is generally outplayed Chicago for long stretches – particularly in the first period – generating 4 powerplay opportunities to a stunning zero for the Blackhawks. Neither team will put this on their personal highlight reels, though.
It’s 5-5 going into the third and really … anything can happen. Maybe the teams will flip the script and produce some playoff-quality defense? Nah, that might be a little too crazy.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)