May 29, 2010, 4:00 PM EST
Philadelphia Flyers at Chicago Blackhawks
Game 1, Stanley Cup finals
Live on NBC at 8PM ET
We’ve covered the Stanley Cup finals from a dizzying amount of angles. Seriously, it’s as if we put the Cup in one of those “Enter the Dragon” mirrored rooms. To make sure that you’re aware of the biggest stories we covered, here’s a collection of the PHT coverage.
PHT predictions - Brandon goes out on a limb and picks the Philadelphia Flyers in six games. Bold move, Brandon, bold move. The staff also tackles who we expect to be the leading scorer, unsung hero and other fun stuff.
The Conn Smythe favorites: A detailed analysis of the odds-on favorites for what I think should be hockey’s most coveted trophy. Would you rather be the MVP of the playoffs or the regular season? No contest, I say.
Which players have the most to gain and lose - Hossa and some of the older players have the most to lose in this year’s finals.
What this series means to each team - It might be now or never for both teams, believe it or not.
Byfuglien vs. Pronger - A breakdown of one of the most compelling matchups in the series.
Four odd predictions for the finals: Mr. Worley continues his “bold” streak by making some strange predictions about what will happen between the Flyers and Blackhawks.
More great Stanley Cup finals coverage after the jump.
These aren’t “the Flyers redux” and a look at the Flyers’ fate since they won that ’75 Cup: It’s been a long time since the Flyers won the Cup and hockey’s come a long way since the days of the Broadstreet Bullies. We provide a little history lesson with these two posts. (I also compared the current Flyers to the Bullies.)
Chicago Blackhawks since ’61 Cup and how the current Hawks team compares to the ’61 squad: Speaking of history lessons (and long droughts), here’s a timeline of the franchise since they won a Cup almost 50 years ago. It’s not pretty.
Will Marian Hossa finally win a Cup? - Why he could (or might not) raise the Cup over his head after two years of finals heartache.
Which team has the better pre-game ritual? - I might have to go with the Philadelphia Flyers on this one. Really, though, the more important debate is Philly cheese steak vs. deep dish pizza. That’s a tough one, folks.
Comparing Mike Richards to Bobby Clarke - At first, it seemed like the comparisons between the two Philly captains was hogwash. But after looking at the playoff stats, I’ve come around to the parallel … even from a stats standpoint.
Michael Leighton’s journey back to Chicago - It’s pretty difficult to believe that the Blackhawks had Leighton and Craig Anderson on their minor league team at one point. Leighton took a strange path to become the Flyers’ No. 1 starter, as Brandon chronicles in this post.
Chicago’s salary cap future - Why the team will probably look very different next year.
Looking back at the Pronger trade - The Flyers won the trade in the short term … but what will the future hold for the blockbuster draft-day move.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 0
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 23
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 9
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 38
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 48
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (48)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)