May 29, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers at Chicago Blackhawks
Game 1, Stanley Cup finals
Live on NBC at 8PM ET
We’ve covered the Stanley Cup finals from a dizzying amount of angles. Seriously, it’s as if we put the Cup in one of those “Enter the Dragon” mirrored rooms. To make sure that you’re aware of the biggest stories we covered, here’s a collection of the PHT coverage.
PHT predictions - Brandon goes out on a limb and picks the Philadelphia Flyers in six games. Bold move, Brandon, bold move. The staff also tackles who we expect to be the leading scorer, unsung hero and other fun stuff.
The Conn Smythe favorites: A detailed analysis of the odds-on favorites for what I think should be hockey’s most coveted trophy. Would you rather be the MVP of the playoffs or the regular season? No contest, I say.
Which players have the most to gain and lose - Hossa and some of the older players have the most to lose in this year’s finals.
What this series means to each team - It might be now or never for both teams, believe it or not.
Byfuglien vs. Pronger - A breakdown of one of the most compelling matchups in the series.
Four odd predictions for the finals: Mr. Worley continues his “bold” streak by making some strange predictions about what will happen between the Flyers and Blackhawks.
More great Stanley Cup finals coverage after the jump.
These aren’t “the Flyers redux” and a look at the Flyers’ fate since they won that ’75 Cup: It’s been a long time since the Flyers won the Cup and hockey’s come a long way since the days of the Broadstreet Bullies. We provide a little history lesson with these two posts. (I also compared the current Flyers to the Bullies.)
Chicago Blackhawks since ’61 Cup and how the current Hawks team compares to the ’61 squad: Speaking of history lessons (and long droughts), here’s a timeline of the franchise since they won a Cup almost 50 years ago. It’s not pretty.
Will Marian Hossa finally win a Cup? - Why he could (or might not) raise the Cup over his head after two years of finals heartache.
Which team has the better pre-game ritual? - I might have to go with the Philadelphia Flyers on this one. Really, though, the more important debate is Philly cheese steak vs. deep dish pizza. That’s a tough one, folks.
Comparing Mike Richards to Bobby Clarke - At first, it seemed like the comparisons between the two Philly captains was hogwash. But after looking at the playoff stats, I’ve come around to the parallel … even from a stats standpoint.
Michael Leighton’s journey back to Chicago - It’s pretty difficult to believe that the Blackhawks had Leighton and Craig Anderson on their minor league team at one point. Leighton took a strange path to become the Flyers’ No. 1 starter, as Brandon chronicles in this post.
Chicago’s salary cap future - Why the team will probably look very different next year.
Looking back at the Pronger trade - The Flyers won the trade in the short term … but what will the future hold for the blockbuster draft-day move.
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 1
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 4
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 19
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 43
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 75
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 6
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Play Video: Highlights: Kings beat Sharks, take series lead
- Play Video: Brown takes out goalie Niemi
- Play Video: Demers commits reckless penalty
- Play Video: Demers slashes Doughty, but no call made
- Play Video: Niemi robs Carter to preserve tie
- Play Video: Highlights: Wings take 3-1 series lead over 'Hawks