May 27, 2010, 12:33 PM EDT
I doubt many people expected a Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia
Flyers finals for the Stanley Cup. I know I didn’t. Despite the great
run the Flyers have been on this postseason, it also doesn’t seem that
many are giving the Flyers much of a chance (more on that later today).
Still, I’m expecting we’re in for one heck of an entertaining series,
and Adam Burish agrees:
”From top to bottom, just look at their captain; the guy fights
seven, eight, nine times a year, Mike Richards, They have [Daniel]
Carcillo and [Arron] Asham. They got [Scott] Hartnell, who plays hard.
They’ve got a lot of guys that teeter on that edge.
watching, you’re going to be in for another treat of a series
because … it’s two kind of cocky teams playing against each other. It
will make for a good finals.”
Burish hinted that the Blackhawks
will be looking to take advantage of the physicality and the attitudes
of the Flyers, much in the same manner they goaded the Vancouver Canucks
into focusing on the agitating itself and not the actual play on the
It’s one of those immeasurable aspects of a Cup finals, the
intangibles inherent in both teams that you don’t have a stat for.
These two teams will be playing mental warfare with each other, as they
look to find any edge possible over the opposition.
This is what
Adam Burish lives for, and now he gets to be as annoying and agitating
as possible in the Stanley Cup finals.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 11
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 20
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 31
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)