May 27, 2010, 12:33 PM EDT
I doubt many people expected a Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia
Flyers finals for the Stanley Cup. I know I didn’t. Despite the great
run the Flyers have been on this postseason, it also doesn’t seem that
many are giving the Flyers much of a chance (more on that later today).
Still, I’m expecting we’re in for one heck of an entertaining series,
and Adam Burish agrees:
”From top to bottom, just look at their captain; the guy fights
seven, eight, nine times a year, Mike Richards, They have [Daniel]
Carcillo and [Arron] Asham. They got [Scott] Hartnell, who plays hard.
They’ve got a lot of guys that teeter on that edge.
watching, you’re going to be in for another treat of a series
because … it’s two kind of cocky teams playing against each other. It
will make for a good finals.”
Burish hinted that the Blackhawks
will be looking to take advantage of the physicality and the attitudes
of the Flyers, much in the same manner they goaded the Vancouver Canucks
into focusing on the agitating itself and not the actual play on the
It’s one of those immeasurable aspects of a Cup finals, the
intangibles inherent in both teams that you don’t have a stat for.
These two teams will be playing mental warfare with each other, as they
look to find any edge possible over the opposition.
This is what
Adam Burish lives for, and now he gets to be as annoying and agitating
as possible in the Stanley Cup finals.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 9
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 17
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 55
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control