May 26, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
I’m just about certain that Brandon or Joe already posted this video (or a similar video of this moment) already, but it’s already been – gah! – two days without hockey and counting today, there will be three more. (How … how are we going to cope with the fact that there are only 4-7 more games left? How?)
Yet there are some hockey clips that I can rewind over and over again like an alternate happy universe Zapruder film. Alex Ovechkin’s rookie season goal against the Phoenix Coyotes comes to mind.
Mike Richards ridiculous Game 5 goal against the Montreal Canadiens belongs in that group. It is simply a stunning moment by a player who really is earning his captain status and deserves more acclaim than he’s getting. Bask in the glow of his star-making moment and prepare for the Stanley Cup finals to begin Saturday.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5