May 26, 2010, 10:20 AM EST
I’m just about certain that Brandon or Joe already posted this video (or a similar video of this moment) already, but it’s already been – gah! – two days without hockey and counting today, there will be three more. (How … how are we going to cope with the fact that there are only 4-7 more games left? How?)
Yet there are some hockey clips that I can rewind over and over again like an alternate happy universe Zapruder film. Alex Ovechkin’s rookie season goal against the Phoenix Coyotes comes to mind.
Mike Richards ridiculous Game 5 goal against the Montreal Canadiens belongs in that group. It is simply a stunning moment by a player who really is earning his captain status and deserves more acclaim than he’s getting. Bask in the glow of his star-making moment and prepare for the Stanley Cup finals to begin Saturday.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 16
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8