May 26, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
I’m just about certain that Brandon or Joe already posted this video (or a similar video of this moment) already, but it’s already been – gah! – two days without hockey and counting today, there will be three more. (How … how are we going to cope with the fact that there are only 4-7 more games left? How?)
Yet there are some hockey clips that I can rewind over and over again like an alternate happy universe Zapruder film. Alex Ovechkin’s rookie season goal against the Phoenix Coyotes comes to mind.
Mike Richards ridiculous Game 5 goal against the Montreal Canadiens belongs in that group. It is simply a stunning moment by a player who really is earning his captain status and deserves more acclaim than he’s getting. Bask in the glow of his star-making moment and prepare for the Stanley Cup finals to begin Saturday.
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 3
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 113
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17