May 26, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
I’m just about certain that Brandon or Joe already posted this video (or a similar video of this moment) already, but it’s already been – gah! – two days without hockey and counting today, there will be three more. (How … how are we going to cope with the fact that there are only 4-7 more games left? How?)
Yet there are some hockey clips that I can rewind over and over again like an alternate happy universe Zapruder film. Alex Ovechkin’s rookie season goal against the Phoenix Coyotes comes to mind.
Mike Richards ridiculous Game 5 goal against the Montreal Canadiens belongs in that group. It is simply a stunning moment by a player who really is earning his captain status and deserves more acclaim than he’s getting. Bask in the glow of his star-making moment and prepare for the Stanley Cup finals to begin Saturday.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 32
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10