May 25, 2010, 12:23 AM EST
I know it seems like I’m hedging my bets by picking out two goals of the night, but sometimes the effort and skill dictates how we do things here. From tonight’s game, it’s easy to calculate the exact moment when Mike Richards put a knife in the Montreal Canadiens’ momentum for the night.
With an effort like that, it’s easy to see why he’s the captain of the Flyers. Leading by example like that, and getting some help from Jaroslav Halak, goes a long way to show the rest of the team how it’s done. One guy who must’ve been paying attention is Arron Asham.
No, Arron Asham isn’t the second-coming of a great goal scorer, but he sure made a move like one. If the Flyers can do things like this against the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup finals, perhaps there will be a parade down Broad Street this summer.
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 12
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 7
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 16
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 13
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)