May 25, 2010, 12:23 AM EDT
I know it seems like I’m hedging my bets by picking out two goals of the night, but sometimes the effort and skill dictates how we do things here. From tonight’s game, it’s easy to calculate the exact moment when Mike Richards put a knife in the Montreal Canadiens’ momentum for the night.
With an effort like that, it’s easy to see why he’s the captain of the Flyers. Leading by example like that, and getting some help from Jaroslav Halak, goes a long way to show the rest of the team how it’s done. One guy who must’ve been paying attention is Arron Asham.
No, Arron Asham isn’t the second-coming of a great goal scorer, but he sure made a move like one. If the Flyers can do things like this against the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup finals, perhaps there will be a parade down Broad Street this summer.
- Report: No fine or suspension for Perry’s spear on Benn 0
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 23
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 41
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 57
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 15
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42