May 25, 2010, 12:23 AM EDT
I know it seems like I’m hedging my bets by picking out two goals of the night, but sometimes the effort and skill dictates how we do things here. From tonight’s game, it’s easy to calculate the exact moment when Mike Richards put a knife in the Montreal Canadiens’ momentum for the night.
With an effort like that, it’s easy to see why he’s the captain of the Flyers. Leading by example like that, and getting some help from Jaroslav Halak, goes a long way to show the rest of the team how it’s done. One guy who must’ve been paying attention is Arron Asham.
No, Arron Asham isn’t the second-coming of a great goal scorer, but he sure made a move like one. If the Flyers can do things like this against the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup finals, perhaps there will be a parade down Broad Street this summer.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 70
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)