May 25, 2010, 12:23 AM EST
I know it seems like I’m hedging my bets by picking out two goals of the night, but sometimes the effort and skill dictates how we do things here. From tonight’s game, it’s easy to calculate the exact moment when Mike Richards put a knife in the Montreal Canadiens’ momentum for the night.
With an effort like that, it’s easy to see why he’s the captain of the Flyers. Leading by example like that, and getting some help from Jaroslav Halak, goes a long way to show the rest of the team how it’s done. One guy who must’ve been paying attention is Arron Asham.
No, Arron Asham isn’t the second-coming of a great goal scorer, but he sure made a move like one. If the Flyers can do things like this against the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup finals, perhaps there will be a parade down Broad Street this summer.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)