May 25, 2010, 12:23 AM EST
I know it seems like I’m hedging my bets by picking out two goals of the night, but sometimes the effort and skill dictates how we do things here. From tonight’s game, it’s easy to calculate the exact moment when Mike Richards put a knife in the Montreal Canadiens’ momentum for the night.
With an effort like that, it’s easy to see why he’s the captain of the Flyers. Leading by example like that, and getting some help from Jaroslav Halak, goes a long way to show the rest of the team how it’s done. One guy who must’ve been paying attention is Arron Asham.
No, Arron Asham isn’t the second-coming of a great goal scorer, but he sure made a move like one. If the Flyers can do things like this against the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup finals, perhaps there will be a parade down Broad Street this summer.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54