May 25, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Adam Foote will spend one more season in the NHL and one more year with the Colorado Avalanche, as Adrian Dater is reporting he has signed a one-year contract with the Avs worth $1 million base salary, plus incentives.
Foote is about as far from the new breed of “offensive defensemen” as you can get, with just 66 goals in over 1,100 NHL games. But he’s also the veteran defensive presence that the Avalanche will need moving next season, as they make the transition from overachieving young team to a team with high expectations next season.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5