May 24, 2010, 1:40 PM EDT
Last night, the Windsor Spitfires dominated the Brandon Wheat Kings 9-1 to win the Memorial Cup. It would be excessive to put up videos of every goal, but since American coverage of the game is pretty scarce. So if you haven’t seen any of it, here’s a few highlights from the game.
Here’s the first goal, scored by Adam Henrique.
While Taylor Hall gets all the headlines, Cam Fowler is another member of the Spitfires expected to go high in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. Here’s video of his contribution to the blowout.
Eric “Don’t call me Kyle” Wellwood scored a backbreaker of a goal, too.
Finally, Taylor Hall showed his (No.1 pick worthy?) hands by scoring this impressive goal as the game was well out of hand. He ended up being the tournament’s first ever back-to-back MVP.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 3
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 24
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 14
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)