May 24, 2010, 5:25 PM EDT
Tom Pyatt was an absolute factor in the one game that the Montreal Canadiens actually found a way to score in so far against Philadelphia. The rugged forward had a goal and an assist in that lone 5-1 win, but he won’t be able to suit up for the Habs in the first of what Montreal hopes is three elimination games against the Flyers.
Losing Pyatt cannot help the Habs’ cause, but like we’ve all said a million times, never count this team out. They’re 5-0 in elimination games so break out your Fat Lady Singing cliches and avoid counting chickens if you’re around eggs, etc.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5