May 24, 2010, 5:25 PM EDT
Tom Pyatt was an absolute factor in the one game that the Montreal Canadiens actually found a way to score in so far against Philadelphia. The rugged forward had a goal and an assist in that lone 5-1 win, but he won’t be able to suit up for the Habs in the first of what Montreal hopes is three elimination games against the Flyers.
Losing Pyatt cannot help the Habs’ cause, but like we’ve all said a million times, never count this team out. They’re 5-0 in elimination games so break out your Fat Lady Singing cliches and avoid counting chickens if you’re around eggs, etc.
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 0
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 12
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14