May 24, 2010, 5:25 PM EDT
Tom Pyatt was an absolute factor in the one game that the Montreal Canadiens actually found a way to score in so far against Philadelphia. The rugged forward had a goal and an assist in that lone 5-1 win, but he won’t be able to suit up for the Habs in the first of what Montreal hopes is three elimination games against the Flyers.
Losing Pyatt cannot help the Habs’ cause, but like we’ve all said a million times, never count this team out. They’re 5-0 in elimination games so break out your Fat Lady Singing cliches and avoid counting chickens if you’re around eggs, etc.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 12
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 23
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 25
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 19
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 55
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6