May 24, 2010, 5:25 PM EST
Tom Pyatt was an absolute factor in the one game that the Montreal Canadiens actually found a way to score in so far against Philadelphia. The rugged forward had a goal and an assist in that lone 5-1 win, but he won’t be able to suit up for the Habs in the first of what Montreal hopes is three elimination games against the Flyers.
Losing Pyatt cannot help the Habs’ cause, but like we’ve all said a million times, never count this team out. They’re 5-0 in elimination games so break out your Fat Lady Singing cliches and avoid counting chickens if you’re around eggs, etc.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 5
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 6
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 8
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 37
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8