May 24, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
As the Chicago Blackhawks watch on/heal their wounds/get some dental work done, the Flyers host the Habs in what could be the final game of the Eastern Conference finals. Let’s take a look at some of the storylines of the game along with where you can find coverage.
Montreal Canadiens at Philadelphia Flyers - 7:00 PM ET (Versus, CBC)
Flyers lead series 3-1
It could be a rowdy game tonight. Both clubs haven’t won a Stanley Cup in a long, long time. Each city has made things a bit less hospitable for their visitors than what is normally seen in pro sports. In Philadelphia, hooligans damaged the car of a visiting Montreal reporter. In Montreal, there is some intrigue over who or what exactly caused what I like to call Sand-on-Skategate.
Either way, both teams have been deadly in elimination game situations. The Flyers callously dealt with the New Jersey Devils in Round 1 before stunning the Boston Bruins by winning four in a row after going down 3-0 in that series. The Canadiens are used to fighting with their backs against the wall as they beat Washington after going down 3-1 and Pittsburgh after going down 3-2.
Will we see a more wide-open style from the Canadiens to take advantage of their speed? Probably not, as they most likely will live or die by their “depend heavily on counter-punching and Jaroslav Halak working miracles” strategy. Can the Habs do it again? Stranger things have happened already in this year’s playoffs …
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 11
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 40
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 0
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 26
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control