May 24, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
As the Chicago Blackhawks watch on/heal their wounds/get some dental work done, the Flyers host the Habs in what could be the final game of the Eastern Conference finals. Let’s take a look at some of the storylines of the game along with where you can find coverage.
Montreal Canadiens at Philadelphia Flyers – 7:00 PM ET (Versus, CBC)
Flyers lead series 3-1
It could be a rowdy game tonight. Both clubs haven’t won a Stanley Cup in a long, long time. Each city has made things a bit less hospitable for their visitors than what is normally seen in pro sports. In Philadelphia, hooligans damaged the car of a visiting Montreal reporter. In Montreal, there is some intrigue over who or what exactly caused what I like to call Sand-on-Skategate.
Either way, both teams have been deadly in elimination game situations. The Flyers callously dealt with the New Jersey Devils in Round 1 before stunning the Boston Bruins by winning four in a row after going down 3-0 in that series. The Canadiens are used to fighting with their backs against the wall as they beat Washington after going down 3-1 and Pittsburgh after going down 3-2.
Will we see a more wide-open style from the Canadiens to take advantage of their speed? Probably not, as they most likely will live or die by their “depend heavily on counter-punching and Jaroslav Halak working miracles” strategy. Can the Habs do it again? Stranger things have happened already in this year’s playoffs …
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)