May 22, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers at Montreal Canadiens, Game 4 (preview)
Flyers lead series 2-1
Live on NBC at 3PM ET
Let there be no doubt which team needed to win Game 3 more in this Flyers-Canadiens series. Shots on goal advantages may not always tell the story – after all, Montreal went into that game 0-8 when they out-shot their opponents, one of those stats that slaps logic in the face. Still, though, you can read a least a little bit into the fact that Philadelphia was behind 28 shots to 13 before Dominic Moore essentially clinched the game with a 3-0 goal with 8:27 left in the second period.
Could it be that the Montreal Canadiens got back its swagger? It certainly must have been a breath of fresh air to see their goal scoring machine Michael Cammalleri make yet another heads-up play in bumping a Flyers defenseman to clear space for the opening goal. His 13 goals in 17 playoff games is a staggering number. It’s the kind of output left to the Habs of yore.
The question must be: will one of these two goalies steal the show in Game 4? Jaroslav Halak is – no doubt – a difference maker in this year’s playoffs but didn’t have to do as much as usual to claim his first win of the series. Michael Leighton already has two shutouts to his credit, but after allowing five goals in Game 3, he’ll get a visit from the “What have you done for me lately?” mob if he lets in several goals again.
No doubt about it, this game is immensely important for both teams. While the Canadiens fought back from a 3-1 deficit against the Capitals, it’s hard to imagine that they really want to put that much pressure on themselves round after round. For Philadelphia, a win would give them a much-needed margin for error.
Stay tuned for more coverage of this game and please stop by for our Live Chat.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 34
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)