May 22, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
During the annual summer Joe Thornton bashing bloc party, one of the common critiques unleashed on the giant playmaker is that he plays soft for his size. Particularly, they say, during the playoffs.
Here are a couple videos showing that he – along with his enemy in these cases, Andrew Ladd – is far from shy about getting a little bit nasty. First, Ladd levels Thornton in the second period.
Thornton didn’t forget about Ladd’s hit, it seems. Early in the overtime period, Jumbo Joe got his revenge.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 34
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)