May 22, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
During the annual summer Joe Thornton bashing bloc party, one of the common critiques unleashed on the giant playmaker is that he plays soft for his size. Particularly, they say, during the playoffs.
Here are a couple videos showing that he – along with his enemy in these cases, Andrew Ladd – is far from shy about getting a little bit nasty. First, Ladd levels Thornton in the second period.
Thornton didn’t forget about Ladd’s hit, it seems. Early in the overtime period, Jumbo Joe got his revenge.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)