May 21, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
Tying one on to the goal of the night, Brian Gionta would get another mini-breakaway on Michael Leighton in the third period, but this time Leighton wouldn’t make the same mistake twice.
Michael Leighton was a busy guy last night facing 38 shots on goal and stopping 33 of them. For Montreal, this is the first game they’ve won in these playoffs when they’ve outshot their opponent. We’re sure that Philadelphia wouldn’t like to see this become a habit but if Montreal can get their offensive game going more like they did last night, this series might get a lot more exciting.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7