May 21, 2010, 6:21 PM EDT
You might recall back on Tuesday when we told you about how Montreal Gazette reporter Pat Hickey had his car vandalized in Philadelphia helping to fulfill every awful stereotype Philly fans are labeled with. As it turns out, the Philly fan who did this was found out thanks to a very modern and historically stupid means.
They were discovered via Facebook.
Hickey believed he found on Facebook the person who allegedly vandalized his car – and that the person was displaying his Quebec license plate that was stolen. Hickey did not identify the culprit but according to Flyers team source, Dan Flannery was the person bragging about damaging Hickey’s car on Facebook.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 36
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)