May 21, 2010, 3:55 PM EDT
If what was seen at Flyers practice today is to be believed, then it’s looking like the Flyers are close to getting back two very important players to their lineup, one in particular may even be back in Game 4. Chuck Gormley of the Courier Post shares with us that Ian Laperriere skated with the fourth line today in practice.
Judging from the line combinations at practice right now, Jeff Carter will sit out tomorrow night’s Game 4 and Ian Laperriere will play.
As I type, Carter is centering a line with wingers Andreas Nodl and Riley Cote, while Laperriere is playing right wing on a line with Blair Betts and Darroll Powe. That means Carter, Nodl and Cote are likely to be scratches tomorrow night.
I’m also told Carter brought just two sticks with him to Montreal and did not plan on playing in either Game 3 or 4. He is targeting his return on Monday night in Game 5 in Philadelphia.
I think it would be best for the Canadiens to try and tie things up in Game 4 (obviously) because if the Flyers are getting healthier, that makes them all the more dangerous especially adding a penalty killer extraordinaire in Ian Laperriere and a scoring threat like Jeff Carter.
Laperriere’s return, however, is somewhat miraculous after taking a puck off of his face that lead to a concussion and a large cut on his eyebrow. It was thought that Laperriere would be out for the remainder of the playoffs, but it appears that has changed.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)