May 21, 2010, 3:55 PM EDT
If what was seen at Flyers practice today is to be believed, then it’s looking like the Flyers are close to getting back two very important players to their lineup, one in particular may even be back in Game 4. Chuck Gormley of the Courier Post shares with us that Ian Laperriere skated with the fourth line today in practice.
Judging from the line combinations at practice right now, Jeff Carter will sit out tomorrow night’s Game 4 and Ian Laperriere will play.
As I type, Carter is centering a line with wingers Andreas Nodl and Riley Cote, while Laperriere is playing right wing on a line with Blair Betts and Darroll Powe. That means Carter, Nodl and Cote are likely to be scratches tomorrow night.
I’m also told Carter brought just two sticks with him to Montreal and did not plan on playing in either Game 3 or 4. He is targeting his return on Monday night in Game 5 in Philadelphia.
I think it would be best for the Canadiens to try and tie things up in Game 4 (obviously) because if the Flyers are getting healthier, that makes them all the more dangerous especially adding a penalty killer extraordinaire in Ian Laperriere and a scoring threat like Jeff Carter.
Laperriere’s return, however, is somewhat miraculous after taking a puck off of his face that lead to a concussion and a large cut on his eyebrow. It was thought that Laperriere would be out for the remainder of the playoffs, but it appears that has changed.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 18
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9