May 21, 2010, 3:55 PM EDT
If what was seen at Flyers practice today is to be believed, then it’s looking like the Flyers are close to getting back two very important players to their lineup, one in particular may even be back in Game 4. Chuck Gormley of the Courier Post shares with us that Ian Laperriere skated with the fourth line today in practice.
Judging from the line combinations at practice right now, Jeff Carter will sit out tomorrow night’s Game 4 and Ian Laperriere will play.
As I type, Carter is centering a line with wingers Andreas Nodl and Riley Cote, while Laperriere is playing right wing on a line with Blair Betts and Darroll Powe. That means Carter, Nodl and Cote are likely to be scratches tomorrow night.
I’m also told Carter brought just two sticks with him to Montreal and did not plan on playing in either Game 3 or 4. He is targeting his return on Monday night in Game 5 in Philadelphia.
I think it would be best for the Canadiens to try and tie things up in Game 4 (obviously) because if the Flyers are getting healthier, that makes them all the more dangerous especially adding a penalty killer extraordinaire in Ian Laperriere and a scoring threat like Jeff Carter.
Laperriere’s return, however, is somewhat miraculous after taking a puck off of his face that lead to a concussion and a large cut on his eyebrow. It was thought that Laperriere would be out for the remainder of the playoffs, but it appears that has changed.
- Selanne offers harsh criticism of Boudreau’s handling of him 7
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 11
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 9
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 19
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)