May 21, 2010, 3:55 PM EST
If what was seen at Flyers practice today is to be believed, then it’s looking like the Flyers are close to getting back two very important players to their lineup, one in particular may even be back in Game 4. Chuck Gormley of the Courier Post shares with us that Ian Laperriere skated with the fourth line today in practice.
Judging from the line combinations at practice right now, Jeff Carter will sit out tomorrow night’s Game 4 and Ian Laperriere will play.
As I type, Carter is centering a line with wingers Andreas Nodl and Riley Cote, while Laperriere is playing right wing on a line with Blair Betts and Darroll Powe. That means Carter, Nodl and Cote are likely to be scratches tomorrow night.
I’m also told Carter brought just two sticks with him to Montreal and did not plan on playing in either Game 3 or 4. He is targeting his return on Monday night in Game 5 in Philadelphia.
I think it would be best for the Canadiens to try and tie things up in Game 4 (obviously) because if the Flyers are getting healthier, that makes them all the more dangerous especially adding a penalty killer extraordinaire in Ian Laperriere and a scoring threat like Jeff Carter.
Laperriere’s return, however, is somewhat miraculous after taking a puck off of his face that lead to a concussion and a large cut on his eyebrow. It was thought that Laperriere would be out for the remainder of the playoffs, but it appears that has changed.
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 20
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 14
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)