May 21, 2010, 3:55 PM EDT
If what was seen at Flyers practice today is to be believed, then it’s looking like the Flyers are close to getting back two very important players to their lineup, one in particular may even be back in Game 4. Chuck Gormley of the Courier Post shares with us that Ian Laperriere skated with the fourth line today in practice.
Judging from the line combinations at practice right now, Jeff Carter will sit out tomorrow night’s Game 4 and Ian Laperriere will play.
As I type, Carter is centering a line with wingers Andreas Nodl and Riley Cote, while Laperriere is playing right wing on a line with Blair Betts and Darroll Powe. That means Carter, Nodl and Cote are likely to be scratches tomorrow night.
I’m also told Carter brought just two sticks with him to Montreal and did not plan on playing in either Game 3 or 4. He is targeting his return on Monday night in Game 5 in Philadelphia.
I think it would be best for the Canadiens to try and tie things up in Game 4 (obviously) because if the Flyers are getting healthier, that makes them all the more dangerous especially adding a penalty killer extraordinaire in Ian Laperriere and a scoring threat like Jeff Carter.
Laperriere’s return, however, is somewhat miraculous after taking a puck off of his face that lead to a concussion and a large cut on his eyebrow. It was thought that Laperriere would be out for the remainder of the playoffs, but it appears that has changed.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 6
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)