May 20, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens weren’t able to cash in on the 5-on-3 going into the second period, but they still bolstered their lead to 3-0 in the middle frame.
Dominic Moore, brother of Bertuzzi victim Steve, scored a nice goal thanks to a pass from Tom Pyatt to give them even more insurance. You can’t really put too much blame on Flyers goalie Michael Leighton, though. He made one particularly impressive poke check on Tomas Plekanec that Versus announcer Daryl Reaugh hilariously compared to a lizard sticking out its tongue.
The Habs already poured 28 shots on Leighton in two periods. That’s pretty much a good game for the often-conservative Canadiens, at least when they were in turtle mode against the Pens and Caps. Jaroslav Halak has had a relatively light night, only needing to make 18 saves so far.
Early in this series, Montreal writers were griping about the Flyers crease crashing ways. It seems like the Canadiens are beating the Flyers at their own game right now. They even kept Philadelphia off the scoreboard, so far.
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 2
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 8
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 13
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 51
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)