May 20, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens weren’t able to cash in on the 5-on-3 going into the second period, but they still bolstered their lead to 3-0 in the middle frame.
Dominic Moore, brother of Bertuzzi victim Steve, scored a nice goal thanks to a pass from Tom Pyatt to give them even more insurance. You can’t really put too much blame on Flyers goalie Michael Leighton, though. He made one particularly impressive poke check on Tomas Plekanec that Versus announcer Daryl Reaugh hilariously compared to a lizard sticking out its tongue.
The Habs already poured 28 shots on Leighton in two periods. That’s pretty much a good game for the often-conservative Canadiens, at least when they were in turtle mode against the Pens and Caps. Jaroslav Halak has had a relatively light night, only needing to make 18 saves so far.
Early in this series, Montreal writers were griping about the Flyers crease crashing ways. It seems like the Canadiens are beating the Flyers at their own game right now. They even kept Philadelphia off the scoreboard, so far.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 3
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 20
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 81
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 79
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 0
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 17
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 16
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (86)
- Stoll charged with cocaine possession, but not MDMA possession (82)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (81)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)