May 20, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens weren’t able to cash in on the 5-on-3 going into the second period, but they still bolstered their lead to 3-0 in the middle frame.
Dominic Moore, brother of Bertuzzi victim Steve, scored a nice goal thanks to a pass from Tom Pyatt to give them even more insurance. You can’t really put too much blame on Flyers goalie Michael Leighton, though. He made one particularly impressive poke check on Tomas Plekanec that Versus announcer Daryl Reaugh hilariously compared to a lizard sticking out its tongue.
The Habs already poured 28 shots on Leighton in two periods. That’s pretty much a good game for the often-conservative Canadiens, at least when they were in turtle mode against the Pens and Caps. Jaroslav Halak has had a relatively light night, only needing to make 18 saves so far.
Early in this series, Montreal writers were griping about the Flyers crease crashing ways. It seems like the Canadiens are beating the Flyers at their own game right now. They even kept Philadelphia off the scoreboard, so far.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 0
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 9
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 11
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4