May 20, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens weren’t able to cash in on the 5-on-3 going into the second period, but they still bolstered their lead to 3-0 in the middle frame.
Dominic Moore, brother of Bertuzzi victim Steve, scored a nice goal thanks to a pass from Tom Pyatt to give them even more insurance. You can’t really put too much blame on Flyers goalie Michael Leighton, though. He made one particularly impressive poke check on Tomas Plekanec that Versus announcer Daryl Reaugh hilariously compared to a lizard sticking out its tongue.
The Habs already poured 28 shots on Leighton in two periods. That’s pretty much a good game for the often-conservative Canadiens, at least when they were in turtle mode against the Pens and Caps. Jaroslav Halak has had a relatively light night, only needing to make 18 saves so far.
Early in this series, Montreal writers were griping about the Flyers crease crashing ways. It seems like the Canadiens are beating the Flyers at their own game right now. They even kept Philadelphia off the scoreboard, so far.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 1
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 8
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9