May 20, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens weren’t able to cash in on the 5-on-3 going into the second period, but they still bolstered their lead to 3-0 in the middle frame.
Dominic Moore, brother of Bertuzzi victim Steve, scored a nice goal thanks to a pass from Tom Pyatt to give them even more insurance. You can’t really put too much blame on Flyers goalie Michael Leighton, though. He made one particularly impressive poke check on Tomas Plekanec that Versus announcer Daryl Reaugh hilariously compared to a lizard sticking out its tongue.
The Habs already poured 28 shots on Leighton in two periods. That’s pretty much a good game for the often-conservative Canadiens, at least when they were in turtle mode against the Pens and Caps. Jaroslav Halak has had a relatively light night, only needing to make 18 saves so far.
Early in this series, Montreal writers were griping about the Flyers crease crashing ways. It seems like the Canadiens are beating the Flyers at their own game right now. They even kept Philadelphia off the scoreboard, so far.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 47
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)