May 20, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
After shutting out Montreal in two straight games, Michael Leighon already allowed two goals in the first period. Still, while Canadiens fans provide a token “Leigh-ton” cheer, it might be Chris Pronger who deserves the mockery.
The hulking defenseman is already -2 in the game, although the first goal resulted mainly by a crazy bounce and plenty of resourcefulness from Michael Cammalleri. During that first tally, the puck bounded off the glass and Cammalleri put it in before Leighton had a chance. On the second goal by Tom Pyatt, Pronger gave up a horrific turnover and the Canadiens made no mistake about it.
The Habs go into the second period with a 2 goal lead and a 2-man lead in the form of a brief 5-on-3 powerplay. It looks like Montreal is starting to look like that team that gave the star-studded Penguins and Capitals so many headaches. Jaroslav Halak had to make some tough saves among his nine in the first period, but Leighton was even busier allowing 2 on 17 shots.
Cammalleri’s incredible playoffs continued tonight as he now has 13 goals in 17 playoff games with two periods to pile on more. The Canadiens missed his output in Philadelphia, but they’d be crazy to complain about his productivity.
If Montreal wins, they’ll be right back in this series. Never count out the Canadiens.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (115)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)