May 20, 2010, 8:00 PM EST
After shutting out Montreal in two straight games, Michael Leighon already allowed two goals in the first period. Still, while Canadiens fans provide a token “Leigh-ton” cheer, it might be Chris Pronger who deserves the mockery.
The hulking defenseman is already -2 in the game, although the first goal resulted mainly by a crazy bounce and plenty of resourcefulness from Michael Cammalleri. During that first tally, the puck bounded off the glass and Cammalleri put it in before Leighton had a chance. On the second goal by Tom Pyatt, Pronger gave up a horrific turnover and the Canadiens made no mistake about it.
The Habs go into the second period with a 2 goal lead and a 2-man lead in the form of a brief 5-on-3 powerplay. It looks like Montreal is starting to look like that team that gave the star-studded Penguins and Capitals so many headaches. Jaroslav Halak had to make some tough saves among his nine in the first period, but Leighton was even busier allowing 2 on 17 shots.
Cammalleri’s incredible playoffs continued tonight as he now has 13 goals in 17 playoff games with two periods to pile on more. The Canadiens missed his output in Philadelphia, but they’d be crazy to complain about his productivity.
If Montreal wins, they’ll be right back in this series. Never count out the Canadiens.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 10
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 16
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)