May 19, 2010, 11:45 PM EDT
For most of the playoffs it’s been difficult to do a PHT Nightcap. Simply put, the games tend to end so late that we’re usually in full-on zombie mode. That is irksome, though, because there’s a ton of content in every day. With no games on tonight’s docket, I was able to put this collection together. Enjoy!
Michael Leighton’s big night: Two shutouts in a row for the goalie who’s barely even back from injury. That’s impressive.
Daniel Briere’s goal of the night: Is there a player on a hotter streak than Briere right now? Maybe his teammate Simon Gagne or Jonathan Toews … but Briere is up there.
Toews shining on offense and defense: Sooner or later he’ll have to show up in “best player in the world” talk, right?
Sexton a fan of Tallon hiring: Since hockey player nicknames are just their name plus “y” does that make Sexton “Sexy”?
Hockey Canada fires back at IIHF article: When will people get over comparing athletes to normal people?
Sharks missing heart: I thought that Sharks lack sleep, not heart? Oh, wait, we’re talking about the hockey team …
Oilers future looking brighter: Could Edmonton be the new Chicago/Pittsburgh/Washington?
Bruins might want to keep Tim Thomas: Beware the sophomore slump, Tuukka Rask.
Sporting News names Henrik Sedin player of the year: Do you think Daniel “felt” him winning it? Twins are weird.
Florida Panthers use airline model for ticket prices: Hopefully they’ll hand out barf bags when the Panthers miss the playoffs, then.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)