May 19, 2010, 11:45 PM EDT
For most of the playoffs it’s been difficult to do a PHT Nightcap. Simply put, the games tend to end so late that we’re usually in full-on zombie mode. That is irksome, though, because there’s a ton of content in every day. With no games on tonight’s docket, I was able to put this collection together. Enjoy!
Michael Leighton’s big night: Two shutouts in a row for the goalie who’s barely even back from injury. That’s impressive.
Daniel Briere’s goal of the night: Is there a player on a hotter streak than Briere right now? Maybe his teammate Simon Gagne or Jonathan Toews … but Briere is up there.
Toews shining on offense and defense: Sooner or later he’ll have to show up in “best player in the world” talk, right?
Sexton a fan of Tallon hiring: Since hockey player nicknames are just their name plus “y” does that make Sexton “Sexy”?
Hockey Canada fires back at IIHF article: When will people get over comparing athletes to normal people?
Sharks missing heart: I thought that Sharks lack sleep, not heart? Oh, wait, we’re talking about the hockey team …
Oilers future looking brighter: Could Edmonton be the new Chicago/Pittsburgh/Washington?
Bruins might want to keep Tim Thomas: Beware the sophomore slump, Tuukka Rask.
Sporting News names Henrik Sedin player of the year: Do you think Daniel “felt” him winning it? Twins are weird.
Florida Panthers use airline model for ticket prices: Hopefully they’ll hand out barf bags when the Panthers miss the playoffs, then.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15