May 19, 2010, 11:45 PM EDT
For most of the playoffs it’s been difficult to do a PHT Nightcap. Simply put, the games tend to end so late that we’re usually in full-on zombie mode. That is irksome, though, because there’s a ton of content in every day. With no games on tonight’s docket, I was able to put this collection together. Enjoy!
Michael Leighton’s big night: Two shutouts in a row for the goalie who’s barely even back from injury. That’s impressive.
Daniel Briere’s goal of the night: Is there a player on a hotter streak than Briere right now? Maybe his teammate Simon Gagne or Jonathan Toews … but Briere is up there.
Toews shining on offense and defense: Sooner or later he’ll have to show up in “best player in the world” talk, right?
Sexton a fan of Tallon hiring: Since hockey player nicknames are just their name plus “y” does that make Sexton “Sexy”?
Hockey Canada fires back at IIHF article: When will people get over comparing athletes to normal people?
Sharks missing heart: I thought that Sharks lack sleep, not heart? Oh, wait, we’re talking about the hockey team …
Oilers future looking brighter: Could Edmonton be the new Chicago/Pittsburgh/Washington?
Bruins might want to keep Tim Thomas: Beware the sophomore slump, Tuukka Rask.
Sporting News names Henrik Sedin player of the year: Do you think Daniel “felt” him winning it? Twins are weird.
Florida Panthers use airline model for ticket prices: Hopefully they’ll hand out barf bags when the Panthers miss the playoffs, then.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)