May 19, 2010, 11:45 PM EDT
For most of the playoffs it’s been difficult to do a PHT Nightcap. Simply put, the games tend to end so late that we’re usually in full-on zombie mode. That is irksome, though, because there’s a ton of content in every day. With no games on tonight’s docket, I was able to put this collection together. Enjoy!
Michael Leighton’s big night: Two shutouts in a row for the goalie who’s barely even back from injury. That’s impressive.
Daniel Briere’s goal of the night: Is there a player on a hotter streak than Briere right now? Maybe his teammate Simon Gagne or Jonathan Toews … but Briere is up there.
Toews shining on offense and defense: Sooner or later he’ll have to show up in “best player in the world” talk, right?
Sexton a fan of Tallon hiring: Since hockey player nicknames are just their name plus “y” does that make Sexton “Sexy”?
Hockey Canada fires back at IIHF article: When will people get over comparing athletes to normal people?
Sharks missing heart: I thought that Sharks lack sleep, not heart? Oh, wait, we’re talking about the hockey team …
Oilers future looking brighter: Could Edmonton be the new Chicago/Pittsburgh/Washington?
Bruins might want to keep Tim Thomas: Beware the sophomore slump, Tuukka Rask.
Sporting News names Henrik Sedin player of the year: Do you think Daniel “felt” him winning it? Twins are weird.
Florida Panthers use airline model for ticket prices: Hopefully they’ll hand out barf bags when the Panthers miss the playoffs, then.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 18
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 38
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 59
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 55
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)