May 18, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Earlier I shared some of the things Chicago and San Jose bloggers/newspapers were discussing about their Game 2. Before we go over what’s being said about Montreal-Philadelphia, here’s some of the bases covered by PHT.
Peter Laviolette revitalizes his career with Flyers.
Gionta claims Habs aren’t far off.
Flyers fans deface Montreal reporter’s car.
Danny Briere’s under-the-radar hot streak.
Jeff Carter won’t be back for ECF.
OK, now for a few more from each side.
What Montreal bloggers/newspapers are saying
The Montreal Gazette makes it clear that it would be a mistake to count the Canadiens out of this series.
What Philadelphia bloggers/newspapers are saying
Brandon discussed how Montreal is powered by some American skaters. Conversely, it seems that Philadelphia might be “Canada’s” team.
Finally, make sure to check out Broadstreet Hockey’s comprehensive preview of Game 2.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 46
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 34
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)