May 18, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at what bloggers and newspapers are writing about tonight’s Game 2 between the Chicago Blackhawks and San Jose Sharks. Stay tuned for the Montreal-Philadelphia version later this afternoon/early evening.
What San Jose bloggers and newspapers are saying
Mr. Plank of Fear the Fin addresses some of the Sharks’ top line scoring issues. Plank was responding to an article in the Mercury News demanding that “Dany Heatley do his job: score goals.”
The Mercury News (and its hockey blog) has a lot of Sharks-related goodies for Game 2. Like, for instance, the fact that the Sharks continue to stay out of the penalty box after starting that trend in what many found to be a lopsided series officiating-wise with the Detroit Red Wings. Word is that the Sharks won’t stray much from their Game 1 plan, which seems reasonable since they were aggressive and put 40+ shots on goal.
Finally, David Pollak of Working the Corners (the Mercury News hockey blog) provides his morning skate notes, including the fact that Patrick Marleau did not participate. Rut roh?
What Chicago bloggers and newspapers are saying
Second City Hockey’s SamFels pulls no punches in his post-Game 1 writeup. Paint it Blackhawks looks back at former Chicago GM turned current Florida GM Dale Tallon’s legacy with the Blackhawks. Finally with the independent bloggers, here’s Blackhawk Up’s game preview.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 7
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 16
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)