May 18, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at what bloggers and newspapers are writing about tonight’s Game 2 between the Chicago Blackhawks and San Jose Sharks. Stay tuned for the Montreal-Philadelphia version later this afternoon/early evening.
What San Jose bloggers and newspapers are saying
Mr. Plank of Fear the Fin addresses some of the Sharks’ top line scoring issues. Plank was responding to an article in the Mercury News demanding that “Dany Heatley do his job: score goals.”
The Mercury News (and its hockey blog) has a lot of Sharks-related goodies for Game 2. Like, for instance, the fact that the Sharks continue to stay out of the penalty box after starting that trend in what many found to be a lopsided series officiating-wise with the Detroit Red Wings. Word is that the Sharks won’t stray much from their Game 1 plan, which seems reasonable since they were aggressive and put 40+ shots on goal.
Finally, David Pollak of Working the Corners (the Mercury News hockey blog) provides his morning skate notes, including the fact that Patrick Marleau did not participate. Rut roh?
What Chicago bloggers and newspapers are saying
Second City Hockey’s SamFels pulls no punches in his post-Game 1 writeup. Paint it Blackhawks looks back at former Chicago GM turned current Florida GM Dale Tallon’s legacy with the Blackhawks. Finally with the independent bloggers, here’s Blackhawk Up’s game preview.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32