May 18, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at what bloggers and newspapers are writing about tonight’s Game 2 between the Chicago Blackhawks and San Jose Sharks. Stay tuned for the Montreal-Philadelphia version later this afternoon/early evening.
What San Jose bloggers and newspapers are saying
Mr. Plank of Fear the Fin addresses some of the Sharks’ top line scoring issues. Plank was responding to an article in the Mercury News demanding that “Dany Heatley do his job: score goals.”
The Mercury News (and its hockey blog) has a lot of Sharks-related goodies for Game 2. Like, for instance, the fact that the Sharks continue to stay out of the penalty box after starting that trend in what many found to be a lopsided series officiating-wise with the Detroit Red Wings. Word is that the Sharks won’t stray much from their Game 1 plan, which seems reasonable since they were aggressive and put 40+ shots on goal.
Finally, David Pollak of Working the Corners (the Mercury News hockey blog) provides his morning skate notes, including the fact that Patrick Marleau did not participate. Rut roh?
What Chicago bloggers and newspapers are saying
Second City Hockey’s SamFels pulls no punches in his post-Game 1 writeup. Paint it Blackhawks looks back at former Chicago GM turned current Florida GM Dale Tallon’s legacy with the Blackhawks. Finally with the independent bloggers, here’s Blackhawk Up’s game preview.
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 1
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 41
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 48
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)