May 18, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at what bloggers and newspapers are writing about tonight’s Game 2 between the Chicago Blackhawks and San Jose Sharks. Stay tuned for the Montreal-Philadelphia version later this afternoon/early evening.
What San Jose bloggers and newspapers are saying
Mr. Plank of Fear the Fin addresses some of the Sharks’ top line scoring issues. Plank was responding to an article in the Mercury News demanding that “Dany Heatley do his job: score goals.”
The Mercury News (and its hockey blog) has a lot of Sharks-related goodies for Game 2. Like, for instance, the fact that the Sharks continue to stay out of the penalty box after starting that trend in what many found to be a lopsided series officiating-wise with the Detroit Red Wings. Word is that the Sharks won’t stray much from their Game 1 plan, which seems reasonable since they were aggressive and put 40+ shots on goal.
Finally, David Pollak of Working the Corners (the Mercury News hockey blog) provides his morning skate notes, including the fact that Patrick Marleau did not participate. Rut roh?
What Chicago bloggers and newspapers are saying
Second City Hockey’s SamFels pulls no punches in his post-Game 1 writeup. Paint it Blackhawks looks back at former Chicago GM turned current Florida GM Dale Tallon’s legacy with the Blackhawks. Finally with the independent bloggers, here’s Blackhawk Up’s game preview.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 36
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 8
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 9
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 32
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)