May 18, 2010, 11:00 PM EST
Brian Compton of
NHL.com has some Mike Cammalleri quotes from after the Canadiens’
loss to the Flyers, and if the rest of the Habs share his outlook you
wonder if this team needs to adopt a bit more of a killer instinct.
Overall, the leading scorer of the Canadiens doesn’t seem too concerned
with his team’s lack of a goal so far in their two losses.
What do you do to not get too frustrated when you’re getting
so many chances and not burying them?
Cammalleri: “I don’t really feel frustrated. I don’t think we do
as a group. It’s sports. Anybody that’s played sports at a high level,
that’s how it goes. It goes your way sometimes, sometimes it doesn’t.
You just keep working and you keep getting better. Things change
quickly. It is what it is. It’s not the end of the world. It just means
we’ve got to go home and win a couple of games.”
Q: Are you encouraged by the number of chances you had personally
Cammalleri: “Yeah. I must have had five or six shots. I felt I
got tons of chances tonight, and some really good ones. I’m happy when
I’m getting the chances. I know that means they’ll be going in.”
Mike, the chances aren’t going in right now for you and your team.
While Michael Leighton has been extremely solid and confident, the
Canadiens have yet to truly put the pressure on him that they’ll need to
score goals. He’s seeing every shot, there’s no traffic in front and
there just isn’t the urgency you’d like to see in a team that’s truly
It’s tough to really discount this team after it got
this far, but you have to wonder about this easy going attitude.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 124
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 95
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 107
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (126)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (124)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (109)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (96)