May 18, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
Brian Compton of
NHL.com has some Mike Cammalleri quotes from after the Canadiens’
loss to the Flyers, and if the rest of the Habs share his outlook you
wonder if this team needs to adopt a bit more of a killer instinct.
Overall, the leading scorer of the Canadiens doesn’t seem too concerned
with his team’s lack of a goal so far in their two losses.
What do you do to not get too frustrated when you’re getting
so many chances and not burying them?
Cammalleri: “I don’t really feel frustrated. I don’t think we do
as a group. It’s sports. Anybody that’s played sports at a high level,
that’s how it goes. It goes your way sometimes, sometimes it doesn’t.
You just keep working and you keep getting better. Things change
quickly. It is what it is. It’s not the end of the world. It just means
we’ve got to go home and win a couple of games.”
Q: Are you encouraged by the number of chances you had personally
Cammalleri: “Yeah. I must have had five or six shots. I felt I
got tons of chances tonight, and some really good ones. I’m happy when
I’m getting the chances. I know that means they’ll be going in.”
Mike, the chances aren’t going in right now for you and your team.
While Michael Leighton has been extremely solid and confident, the
Canadiens have yet to truly put the pressure on him that they’ll need to
score goals. He’s seeing every shot, there’s no traffic in front and
there just isn’t the urgency you’d like to see in a team that’s truly
It’s tough to really discount this team after it got
this far, but you have to wonder about this easy going attitude.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)