May 18, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Contrary to earlier reports, Jeff Carter is not expected to return for the Eastern Conference finals. Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said it would be a “stretch” to see him back so soon. ESPN’s Scott Burnside has more.
“He’s been off the ice a long time, he hasn’t really been able to do anything from a conditioning standpoint,” Holmgren said Monday. “Obviously, it’s encouraging to see him skating. He skated. Today’s Monday, we’ll take it a day at a time, see how he is tomorrow.”
On the bright side, reports of the Eastern Conference finals return for rugged winger Ian Laperriere appear to hold more salt. Still, it’s important to maintain a decent amount of discretion when discussing injury returns especially when you’re talking about bruised brains.
“They’re both chomping on the bit big time. It’s just a question whether, A) are they healthy enough to play and B) are they fit enough, at this point. The health part we’re working through with both of them,” Holmgren said.
Making sense of injury reports can often be a fool’s errand during the playoffs, but we’ll keep you as informed as possible going forward.
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 2
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 22
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 36
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 16
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 31
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 94
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 62
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (91)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games