May 18, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Contrary to earlier reports, Jeff Carter is not expected to return for the Eastern Conference finals. Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said it would be a “stretch” to see him back so soon. ESPN’s Scott Burnside has more.
“He’s been off the ice a long time, he hasn’t really been able to do anything from a conditioning standpoint,” Holmgren said Monday. “Obviously, it’s encouraging to see him skating. He skated. Today’s Monday, we’ll take it a day at a time, see how he is tomorrow.”
On the bright side, reports of the Eastern Conference finals return for rugged winger Ian Laperriere appear to hold more salt. Still, it’s important to maintain a decent amount of discretion when discussing injury returns especially when you’re talking about bruised brains.
“They’re both chomping on the bit big time. It’s just a question whether, A) are they healthy enough to play and B) are they fit enough, at this point. The health part we’re working through with both of them,” Holmgren said.
Making sense of injury reports can often be a fool’s errand during the playoffs, but we’ll keep you as informed as possible going forward.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)