May 18, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Contrary to earlier reports, Jeff Carter is not expected to return for the Eastern Conference finals. Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said it would be a “stretch” to see him back so soon. ESPN’s Scott Burnside has more.
“He’s been off the ice a long time, he hasn’t really been able to do anything from a conditioning standpoint,” Holmgren said Monday. “Obviously, it’s encouraging to see him skating. He skated. Today’s Monday, we’ll take it a day at a time, see how he is tomorrow.”
On the bright side, reports of the Eastern Conference finals return for rugged winger Ian Laperriere appear to hold more salt. Still, it’s important to maintain a decent amount of discretion when discussing injury returns especially when you’re talking about bruised brains.
“They’re both chomping on the bit big time. It’s just a question whether, A) are they healthy enough to play and B) are they fit enough, at this point. The health part we’re working through with both of them,” Holmgren said.
Making sense of injury reports can often be a fool’s errand during the playoffs, but we’ll keep you as informed as possible going forward.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)