May 18, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Contrary to earlier reports, Jeff Carter is not expected to return for the Eastern Conference finals. Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said it would be a “stretch” to see him back so soon. ESPN’s Scott Burnside has more.
“He’s been off the ice a long time, he hasn’t really been able to do anything from a conditioning standpoint,” Holmgren said Monday. “Obviously, it’s encouraging to see him skating. He skated. Today’s Monday, we’ll take it a day at a time, see how he is tomorrow.”
On the bright side, reports of the Eastern Conference finals return for rugged winger Ian Laperriere appear to hold more salt. Still, it’s important to maintain a decent amount of discretion when discussing injury returns especially when you’re talking about bruised brains.
“They’re both chomping on the bit big time. It’s just a question whether, A) are they healthy enough to play and B) are they fit enough, at this point. The health part we’re working through with both of them,” Holmgren said.
Making sense of injury reports can often be a fool’s errand during the playoffs, but we’ll keep you as informed as possible going forward.
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 4
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 1
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 30
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 76
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 8
- Flyers owner Snider: ‘I didn’t pick Bryz’ 60
- Sens’ MacLean, Ducks’ Boudreau, Hawks’ Quenneville are Jack Adams finalists 23
- Playoffs Tonight: ‘Pesky’ Sens fight to even series vs Pens 18
- Video: Vlasic’s controversial delay of game penalty 22
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness