May 17, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Things are looking up for the Philadelphia Flyers even on days when they’re not pulverizing their opponents 6-0. Earlier today, I shared the fact that Jeff Carter might return during the Eastern Conference finals. They could have more good news as Ian Laperriere also hopes be on his way back.
Laperriere, who took a slap shot in the face in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinals, that caused a concussion and a brain bruise, was cleared for contact on Monday according to Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren.
Holmgren told the Flyers official website that Laperriere is closer to returning to the lineup than Carter.
It makes sense that with a guy as tough as Laperriere, he’d have to have a pretty hardcore injury to miss playoff time. Like, say, a freaking bruised brain. His brain is bruised. Seriously, that’s kind of horrifying.
The most mind blowing part is that he might be back before Carter. This news is an example of concentrated manliness.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 60
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 35
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 31
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 19
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)