May 17, 2010, 10:40 AM EDT
Earlier this year, Dustin Byfuglien was one of the names people would bring up when discussing Chicago Blackhawks salary cap casualties. Sure, many said, he brings some unique skills to the table but he can also be very frustrating.
It’s difficult to imagine Big Buff going anywhere now, though. He’s been an absolute beast in the playoffs so far, scoring a hat trick against the Vancouver Canucks while getting in the heads of almost everyone. Byfuglien continued his hot streak last afternoon with a game winning goal, his fifth tally of the playoffs. It might not be the prettiest goal of the night, but it’s definitely the most vital.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires