May 17, 2010, 10:40 AM EDT
Earlier this year, Dustin Byfuglien was one of the names people would bring up when discussing Chicago Blackhawks salary cap casualties. Sure, many said, he brings some unique skills to the table but he can also be very frustrating.
It’s difficult to imagine Big Buff going anywhere now, though. He’s been an absolute beast in the playoffs so far, scoring a hat trick against the Vancouver Canucks while getting in the heads of almost everyone. Byfuglien continued his hot streak last afternoon with a game winning goal, his fifth tally of the playoffs. It might not be the prettiest goal of the night, but it’s definitely the most vital.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5