May 17, 2010, 10:40 AM EDT
Earlier this year, Dustin Byfuglien was one of the names people would bring up when discussing Chicago Blackhawks salary cap casualties. Sure, many said, he brings some unique skills to the table but he can also be very frustrating.
It’s difficult to imagine Big Buff going anywhere now, though. He’s been an absolute beast in the playoffs so far, scoring a hat trick against the Vancouver Canucks while getting in the heads of almost everyone. Byfuglien continued his hot streak last afternoon with a game winning goal, his fifth tally of the playoffs. It might not be the prettiest goal of the night, but it’s definitely the most vital.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 20
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 10
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 7
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 14
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 53
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1