May 17, 2010, 10:10 AM EDT
Both Michael Leighton and Antti Niemi produced great performances last night. Leighton sported a 28-save shutout while Niemi somehow allowed only one goal on 45 shots.
As great as Leighton was, Niemi stood out as the best goalie of the night. He made save after save as the San Jose Sharks created all kinds of offense against the Blackhawks. It was a fantastic way to start NBC’s Conference finals coverage. To show how special Niemi was, here’s two videos that feature some of his best saves.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 54
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 20
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 22
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Serena Williams sorry after rape case comments