May 17, 2010, 10:10 AM EST
Both Michael Leighton and Antti Niemi produced great performances last night. Leighton sported a 28-save shutout while Niemi somehow allowed only one goal on 45 shots.
As great as Leighton was, Niemi stood out as the best goalie of the night. He made save after save as the San Jose Sharks created all kinds of offense against the Blackhawks. It was a fantastic way to start NBC’s Conference finals coverage. To show how special Niemi was, here’s two videos that feature some of his best saves.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 8
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 9
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 13
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2