May 17, 2010, 10:10 AM EDT
Both Michael Leighton and Antti Niemi produced great performances last night. Leighton sported a 28-save shutout while Niemi somehow allowed only one goal on 45 shots.
As great as Leighton was, Niemi stood out as the best goalie of the night. He made save after save as the San Jose Sharks created all kinds of offense against the Blackhawks. It was a fantastic way to start NBC’s Conference finals coverage. To show how special Niemi was, here’s two videos that feature some of his best saves.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 92
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 48
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63