May 17, 2010, 10:10 AM EDT
Both Michael Leighton and Antti Niemi produced great performances last night. Leighton sported a 28-save shutout while Niemi somehow allowed only one goal on 45 shots.
As great as Leighton was, Niemi stood out as the best goalie of the night. He made save after save as the San Jose Sharks created all kinds of offense against the Blackhawks. It was a fantastic way to start NBC’s Conference finals coverage. To show how special Niemi was, here’s two videos that feature some of his best saves.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 0
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 17
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 23
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6