May 14, 2010, 8:59 PM EDT
If you’re looking for symbolism in a Game 7 you really don’t have to look any further than what’s gone down in this game. The Bruins, at one time, had a 3-0 lead in this game much the same way they did in the series. Just like how things have gone in the series, the Bruins now find themselves getting blindsided by a furious Flyers comeback and will go into the final 20 minutes tied 3-3.
Heading into the second period, the Bruins held on to a 3-1 lead but Scott Hartnell got things going just 2:49 into the second putting one past Tuukka Rask. From that moment on, the Flyers pressure would take control of the period and that pressure would pay off at the 8:39 mark as Daniel Briere continued his hot run in the playoffs to tie the game at 3-3.
For Boston, their fans are now quiet and fearing the worst and Boston is playing as if they don’t want to lose. They’ve lose all offensive pressure and have been dumping the puck from deep more often than not just to relieve pressure from the Flyers. If ever there was a time to snap out of it and figure things out, this is it.
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 4
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)