May 14, 2010, 8:59 PM EST
If you’re looking for symbolism in a Game 7 you really don’t have to look any further than what’s gone down in this game. The Bruins, at one time, had a 3-0 lead in this game much the same way they did in the series. Just like how things have gone in the series, the Bruins now find themselves getting blindsided by a furious Flyers comeback and will go into the final 20 minutes tied 3-3.
Heading into the second period, the Bruins held on to a 3-1 lead but Scott Hartnell got things going just 2:49 into the second putting one past Tuukka Rask. From that moment on, the Flyers pressure would take control of the period and that pressure would pay off at the 8:39 mark as Daniel Briere continued his hot run in the playoffs to tie the game at 3-3.
For Boston, their fans are now quiet and fearing the worst and Boston is playing as if they don’t want to lose. They’ve lose all offensive pressure and have been dumping the puck from deep more often than not just to relieve pressure from the Flyers. If ever there was a time to snap out of it and figure things out, this is it.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)