May 14, 2010, 8:59 PM EST
If you’re looking for symbolism in a Game 7 you really don’t have to look any further than what’s gone down in this game. The Bruins, at one time, had a 3-0 lead in this game much the same way they did in the series. Just like how things have gone in the series, the Bruins now find themselves getting blindsided by a furious Flyers comeback and will go into the final 20 minutes tied 3-3.
Heading into the second period, the Bruins held on to a 3-1 lead but Scott Hartnell got things going just 2:49 into the second putting one past Tuukka Rask. From that moment on, the Flyers pressure would take control of the period and that pressure would pay off at the 8:39 mark as Daniel Briere continued his hot run in the playoffs to tie the game at 3-3.
For Boston, their fans are now quiet and fearing the worst and Boston is playing as if they don’t want to lose. They’ve lose all offensive pressure and have been dumping the puck from deep more often than not just to relieve pressure from the Flyers. If ever there was a time to snap out of it and figure things out, this is it.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)