May 14, 2010, 8:59 PM EDT
If you’re looking for symbolism in a Game 7 you really don’t have to look any further than what’s gone down in this game. The Bruins, at one time, had a 3-0 lead in this game much the same way they did in the series. Just like how things have gone in the series, the Bruins now find themselves getting blindsided by a furious Flyers comeback and will go into the final 20 minutes tied 3-3.
Heading into the second period, the Bruins held on to a 3-1 lead but Scott Hartnell got things going just 2:49 into the second putting one past Tuukka Rask. From that moment on, the Flyers pressure would take control of the period and that pressure would pay off at the 8:39 mark as Daniel Briere continued his hot run in the playoffs to tie the game at 3-3.
For Boston, their fans are now quiet and fearing the worst and Boston is playing as if they don’t want to lose. They’ve lose all offensive pressure and have been dumping the puck from deep more often than not just to relieve pressure from the Flyers. If ever there was a time to snap out of it and figure things out, this is it.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)