May 14, 2010, 8:59 PM EDT
If you’re looking for symbolism in a Game 7 you really don’t have to look any further than what’s gone down in this game. The Bruins, at one time, had a 3-0 lead in this game much the same way they did in the series. Just like how things have gone in the series, the Bruins now find themselves getting blindsided by a furious Flyers comeback and will go into the final 20 minutes tied 3-3.
Heading into the second period, the Bruins held on to a 3-1 lead but Scott Hartnell got things going just 2:49 into the second putting one past Tuukka Rask. From that moment on, the Flyers pressure would take control of the period and that pressure would pay off at the 8:39 mark as Daniel Briere continued his hot run in the playoffs to tie the game at 3-3.
For Boston, their fans are now quiet and fearing the worst and Boston is playing as if they don’t want to lose. They’ve lose all offensive pressure and have been dumping the puck from deep more often than not just to relieve pressure from the Flyers. If ever there was a time to snap out of it and figure things out, this is it.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (83)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)