May 14, 2010, 7:54 PM EDT
The key that Claude Julien sighted as the biggest one for Boston in this game was to take control of the game in the first ten minutes. For that, the Bruins would get high marks as the Bruins stormed out to a 2-0 on the back of power play goals by Michael Ryder and Milan Lucic. Lucic would add another one minutes later to give Boston a 3-0 lead and it appeared that the rout would be on with the home crowd going bonkers and the Bruins rolling hard.
That is until Philly’s James Van Riemsdyk would find a way to squeeze one through the pads of Tuukka Rask with about three minutes left in the period. The Flyers were able to gain some momentum from the goal and started to turn the game a bit before the period ended. The Flyers managed to quiet the crowd with the goal as well.
What both teams are going to need is better goaltending as, by my count, three of the four goals that period were pretty soft with Leighton allowing two five-hole goals and Rask allowing a squibber to get by him. The Flyers may want to stay out of the box as both of their minor penalties were cashed in on by Boston.
Make sure to join us in our live chat while the game is going on.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6