May 14, 2010, 7:54 PM EST
The key that Claude Julien sighted as the biggest one for Boston in this game was to take control of the game in the first ten minutes. For that, the Bruins would get high marks as the Bruins stormed out to a 2-0 on the back of power play goals by Michael Ryder and Milan Lucic. Lucic would add another one minutes later to give Boston a 3-0 lead and it appeared that the rout would be on with the home crowd going bonkers and the Bruins rolling hard.
That is until Philly’s James Van Riemsdyk would find a way to squeeze one through the pads of Tuukka Rask with about three minutes left in the period. The Flyers were able to gain some momentum from the goal and started to turn the game a bit before the period ended. The Flyers managed to quiet the crowd with the goal as well.
What both teams are going to need is better goaltending as, by my count, three of the four goals that period were pretty soft with Leighton allowing two five-hole goals and Rask allowing a squibber to get by him. The Flyers may want to stay out of the box as both of their minor penalties were cashed in on by Boston.
Make sure to join us in our live chat while the game is going on.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11