May 14, 2010, 7:54 PM EDT
The key that Claude Julien sighted as the biggest one for Boston in this game was to take control of the game in the first ten minutes. For that, the Bruins would get high marks as the Bruins stormed out to a 2-0 on the back of power play goals by Michael Ryder and Milan Lucic. Lucic would add another one minutes later to give Boston a 3-0 lead and it appeared that the rout would be on with the home crowd going bonkers and the Bruins rolling hard.
That is until Philly’s James Van Riemsdyk would find a way to squeeze one through the pads of Tuukka Rask with about three minutes left in the period. The Flyers were able to gain some momentum from the goal and started to turn the game a bit before the period ended. The Flyers managed to quiet the crowd with the goal as well.
What both teams are going to need is better goaltending as, by my count, three of the four goals that period were pretty soft with Leighton allowing two five-hole goals and Rask allowing a squibber to get by him. The Flyers may want to stay out of the box as both of their minor penalties were cashed in on by Boston.
Make sure to join us in our live chat while the game is going on.
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 7
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 59
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 4
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 8
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36