May 14, 2010, 7:54 PM EDT
The key that Claude Julien sighted as the biggest one for Boston in this game was to take control of the game in the first ten minutes. For that, the Bruins would get high marks as the Bruins stormed out to a 2-0 on the back of power play goals by Michael Ryder and Milan Lucic. Lucic would add another one minutes later to give Boston a 3-0 lead and it appeared that the rout would be on with the home crowd going bonkers and the Bruins rolling hard.
That is until Philly’s James Van Riemsdyk would find a way to squeeze one through the pads of Tuukka Rask with about three minutes left in the period. The Flyers were able to gain some momentum from the goal and started to turn the game a bit before the period ended. The Flyers managed to quiet the crowd with the goal as well.
What both teams are going to need is better goaltending as, by my count, three of the four goals that period were pretty soft with Leighton allowing two five-hole goals and Rask allowing a squibber to get by him. The Flyers may want to stay out of the box as both of their minor penalties were cashed in on by Boston.
Make sure to join us in our live chat while the game is going on.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 2
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 1
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 9
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 33
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)