May 13, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
About six days ago, I couldn’t help but wonder what Montreal Canadiens goalie Jaroslav Halak might be worth. Even then, he was the No. 1 reason the team made it so far. Another thing I couldn’t help but do was ask the general hockey public to share their thoughts on his value. Here’s the poll results.
Now, that poll took place almost a week ago and Halak advanced to another round. Still, he’s already in $5 million to $5.5 million territory in the minds of many. I can’t help but be curious if his perceived value is even higher than it was on May 7 after spurning the Penguins in addition to the Capitals.
Before I give you a poll-mulligan and thus a chance to re-appraise his value, let’s take a look at some of the Halak bullet points.
- One incredibly simple but awesome stat that I can’t help but going back to: Halak is 5-0 in elimination games for the Canadiens in the 2010 playoffs.
- In the two elimination games against the Penguins, he allowed a solid five goals. He really shined against Washington, though, never allowing more than one goal in three brutal games.
- His playoffs save percentage is an all-world 93.3%
- One odd fact: he doesn’t have a single shutout in the playoffs. If this means much to you, then we don’t see eye-to-eye on which stats matter when it comes to goalies.
So with all that, I reset the poll to see if Halak’s value is even higher than it was a week ago. Cast your votes and tell your friends.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 0
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 4
- Report: Witness subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)