May 12, 2010, 4:15 PM EST
Another roster update for tonight’s big game between the Montreal Canadiens and the Pittsburgh Penguins, as it seems as though Alexei Ponikarovsky might be back in the lineup for the Penguins after being a healthy scratch the past two games.
The Penguins have had trouble getting scoring from their secondary wingers, so inserting Ponikarovsky would seem to be the logical step for Dan Bylsma.
He skated on the second line with Evgeni Malkin and Bill Guerin, according to Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, although it’s uncertain if that’s what the Penguins will go with for tonight’s game.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 55
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12