May 12, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
Another roster update for tonight’s big game between the Montreal Canadiens and the Pittsburgh Penguins, as it seems as though Alexei Ponikarovsky might be back in the lineup for the Penguins after being a healthy scratch the past two games.
The Penguins have had trouble getting scoring from their secondary wingers, so inserting Ponikarovsky would seem to be the logical step for Dan Bylsma.
He skated on the second line with Evgeni Malkin and Bill Guerin, according to Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, although it’s uncertain if that’s what the Penguins will go with for tonight’s game.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 25
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 6
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 14
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (25)