May 12, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
Another roster update for tonight’s big game between the Montreal Canadiens and the Pittsburgh Penguins, as it seems as though Alexei Ponikarovsky might be back in the lineup for the Penguins after being a healthy scratch the past two games.
The Penguins have had trouble getting scoring from their secondary wingers, so inserting Ponikarovsky would seem to be the logical step for Dan Bylsma.
He skated on the second line with Evgeni Malkin and Bill Guerin, according to Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, although it’s uncertain if that’s what the Penguins will go with for tonight’s game.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)