May 11, 2010, 8:45 PM EDT
So far, one conference semifinals series is going to a Game 7 (that, of course, is the Penguins-Canadiens feud). When the Chicago Blackhawks went up 3-1 after a commanding run in Vancouver, it looked like this one would be done soon enough.
What Chicago bloggers/newspapers are saying
SamFels of Second City Hockey feels like this will be a big game for Patrick Sharp and Marian Hossa. He also writes a lot about 60 minutes, but there’s no reference to Andy Rooney.
Lots of good stuff from the Chicago Tribune for Game 6. First, another incident of calling a “nice-to-win” game a “must-win” match crops up. From the “news to me” department, apparently (some) people in Chicago call Roberto Luongo “Sponge Bob.” Here’s a story with that nickname in the headline, plus more important tidbits about Luongo finding his game.
Finally, the Tribune states that the Blackhawks “lacked hunger” in Game 5. Hard to believe someone could use that phrase with Dustin “Buffy the Hamburger Slayer” Byfuglien on that team.
What Vancouver bloggers/newspapers are saying
It’s been a robust couple days for the Vancouver Canucks and Youtube videos. First, there was the now-almost-a-cliche creation of a “History will be made” clip for Sami Salo’s testicular troubles. Then, there’s Puck Daddy’s discovery of an astounding music video made by “Grade 7″ kids in honor of Vancouver. This has to be very insulting to the city that produced the Super Bowl Shuffle.
Nucks Misconduct has a great preview of tonight’s game.
The Province discusses how the Canucks can defeat the aggressive strategy (“Thwack a twin?”) the Blackhawks impose on the Sedins.
Finally, the Vancouver Sun takes a look at how the Canucks achieved a Game 5 victory via a … fake forecheck?
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)