May 11, 2010, 8:45 PM EDT
So far, one conference semifinals series is going to a Game 7 (that, of course, is the Penguins-Canadiens feud). When the Chicago Blackhawks went up 3-1 after a commanding run in Vancouver, it looked like this one would be done soon enough.
What Chicago bloggers/newspapers are saying
SamFels of Second City Hockey feels like this will be a big game for Patrick Sharp and Marian Hossa. He also writes a lot about 60 minutes, but there’s no reference to Andy Rooney.
Lots of good stuff from the Chicago Tribune for Game 6. First, another incident of calling a “nice-to-win” game a “must-win” match crops up. From the “news to me” department, apparently (some) people in Chicago call Roberto Luongo “Sponge Bob.” Here’s a story with that nickname in the headline, plus more important tidbits about Luongo finding his game.
Finally, the Tribune states that the Blackhawks “lacked hunger” in Game 5. Hard to believe someone could use that phrase with Dustin “Buffy the Hamburger Slayer” Byfuglien on that team.
What Vancouver bloggers/newspapers are saying
It’s been a robust couple days for the Vancouver Canucks and Youtube videos. First, there was the now-almost-a-cliche creation of a “History will be made” clip for Sami Salo’s testicular troubles. Then, there’s Puck Daddy’s discovery of an astounding music video made by “Grade 7” kids in honor of Vancouver. This has to be very insulting to the city that produced the Super Bowl Shuffle.
Nucks Misconduct has a great preview of tonight’s game.
The Province discusses how the Canucks can defeat the aggressive strategy (“Thwack a twin?”) the Blackhawks impose on the Sedins.
Finally, the Vancouver Sun takes a look at how the Canucks achieved a Game 5 victory via a … fake forecheck?
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)