May 11, 2010, 8:45 PM EDT
So far, one conference semifinals series is going to a Game 7 (that, of course, is the Penguins-Canadiens feud). When the Chicago Blackhawks went up 3-1 after a commanding run in Vancouver, it looked like this one would be done soon enough.
What Chicago bloggers/newspapers are saying
SamFels of Second City Hockey feels like this will be a big game for Patrick Sharp and Marian Hossa. He also writes a lot about 60 minutes, but there’s no reference to Andy Rooney.
Lots of good stuff from the Chicago Tribune for Game 6. First, another incident of calling a “nice-to-win” game a “must-win” match crops up. From the “news to me” department, apparently (some) people in Chicago call Roberto Luongo “Sponge Bob.” Here’s a story with that nickname in the headline, plus more important tidbits about Luongo finding his game.
Finally, the Tribune states that the Blackhawks “lacked hunger” in Game 5. Hard to believe someone could use that phrase with Dustin “Buffy the Hamburger Slayer” Byfuglien on that team.
What Vancouver bloggers/newspapers are saying
It’s been a robust couple days for the Vancouver Canucks and Youtube videos. First, there was the now-almost-a-cliche creation of a “History will be made” clip for Sami Salo’s testicular troubles. Then, there’s Puck Daddy’s discovery of an astounding music video made by “Grade 7″ kids in honor of Vancouver. This has to be very insulting to the city that produced the Super Bowl Shuffle.
Nucks Misconduct has a great preview of tonight’s game.
The Province discusses how the Canucks can defeat the aggressive strategy (“Thwack a twin?”) the Blackhawks impose on the Sedins.
Finally, the Vancouver Sun takes a look at how the Canucks achieved a Game 5 victory via a … fake forecheck?
- Barn burner: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 0
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 4
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 16
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 32
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)