May 11, 2010, 8:45 PM EST
So far, one conference semifinals series is going to a Game 7 (that, of course, is the Penguins-Canadiens feud). When the Chicago Blackhawks went up 3-1 after a commanding run in Vancouver, it looked like this one would be done soon enough.
What Chicago bloggers/newspapers are saying
SamFels of Second City Hockey feels like this will be a big game for Patrick Sharp and Marian Hossa. He also writes a lot about 60 minutes, but there’s no reference to Andy Rooney.
Lots of good stuff from the Chicago Tribune for Game 6. First, another incident of calling a “nice-to-win” game a “must-win” match crops up. From the “news to me” department, apparently (some) people in Chicago call Roberto Luongo “Sponge Bob.” Here’s a story with that nickname in the headline, plus more important tidbits about Luongo finding his game.
Finally, the Tribune states that the Blackhawks “lacked hunger” in Game 5. Hard to believe someone could use that phrase with Dustin “Buffy the Hamburger Slayer” Byfuglien on that team.
What Vancouver bloggers/newspapers are saying
It’s been a robust couple days for the Vancouver Canucks and Youtube videos. First, there was the now-almost-a-cliche creation of a “History will be made” clip for Sami Salo’s testicular troubles. Then, there’s Puck Daddy’s discovery of an astounding music video made by “Grade 7″ kids in honor of Vancouver. This has to be very insulting to the city that produced the Super Bowl Shuffle.
Nucks Misconduct has a great preview of tonight’s game.
The Province discusses how the Canucks can defeat the aggressive strategy (“Thwack a twin?”) the Blackhawks impose on the Sedins.
Finally, the Vancouver Sun takes a look at how the Canucks achieved a Game 5 victory via a … fake forecheck?
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 36
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)