May 11, 2010, 8:45 PM EST
So far, one conference semifinals series is going to a Game 7 (that, of course, is the Penguins-Canadiens feud). When the Chicago Blackhawks went up 3-1 after a commanding run in Vancouver, it looked like this one would be done soon enough.
What Chicago bloggers/newspapers are saying
SamFels of Second City Hockey feels like this will be a big game for Patrick Sharp and Marian Hossa. He also writes a lot about 60 minutes, but there’s no reference to Andy Rooney.
Lots of good stuff from the Chicago Tribune for Game 6. First, another incident of calling a “nice-to-win” game a “must-win” match crops up. From the “news to me” department, apparently (some) people in Chicago call Roberto Luongo “Sponge Bob.” Here’s a story with that nickname in the headline, plus more important tidbits about Luongo finding his game.
Finally, the Tribune states that the Blackhawks “lacked hunger” in Game 5. Hard to believe someone could use that phrase with Dustin “Buffy the Hamburger Slayer” Byfuglien on that team.
What Vancouver bloggers/newspapers are saying
It’s been a robust couple days for the Vancouver Canucks and Youtube videos. First, there was the now-almost-a-cliche creation of a “History will be made” clip for Sami Salo’s testicular troubles. Then, there’s Puck Daddy’s discovery of an astounding music video made by “Grade 7″ kids in honor of Vancouver. This has to be very insulting to the city that produced the Super Bowl Shuffle.
Nucks Misconduct has a great preview of tonight’s game.
The Province discusses how the Canucks can defeat the aggressive strategy (“Thwack a twin?”) the Blackhawks impose on the Sedins.
Finally, the Vancouver Sun takes a look at how the Canucks achieved a Game 5 victory via a … fake forecheck?
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 0
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 2
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)