May 10, 2010, 4:00 PM EST
Soon after the Nashville Predators suffered yet another first round loss, an unprecedented flood put hockey in perspective. It’s good to see, then, that the team and the NHL are giving back as the city/state/region tries to bounce back from the devastating effects of the weather crisis.
It’s unclear just how much was/will be donated, but here’s the word from the league.
The NHL and the Predators Foundation are among the first organizations to respond to the massive flooding in Nashville and Middle Tennessee with a donation to the Metro Nashville Disaster Response Fund of The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee.
Grants from the Fund will be made to nonprofits supporting relief, restoration and clean-up efforts in the Davidson County area in the aftermath of the flooding and storms.
“Millions of our neighbors have been affected in some way by this unprecedented flood. Some lives will return to normal quickly, others will take months or years to rebuild,” said Ellen Lehman, president of The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee. “Thanks to the NHL and the Predators Foundation, The Community Foundation will continue doing everything it can to connect the generosity of people who want to help to the needs of their neighbors.”
Want to know more about the program or how to help? Here’s a little more information.
For more information, call The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at 615-321-4939, or toll free at 888-540-5200.
Fans who would like to help can go to www.cfmt.org/floodrelief or send donations to The Community Foundation, P.O. Box 440225, Nashville, TN, 37244.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 1
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 6
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 18
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11