May 10, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Earlier today I shared reports that Dan Carcillo might miss today’s game, but it sounds like his status has improved. More on him and the various Montreal Canadiens who may or may not be available in this injury update.
Carcillo a game-time decision. Ryan Parent and Michael Leighton will be back.
Here’s snippets from an NHL.com report.Carcillo declared himself a game-time decision but, more than likely, he’ll be in the lineup with his team’s season on the line.
The Bruins lead this series, 3-1. He told the media that the decision to play would ultimately be his to make.
Two other noteworthy items out of Philadelphia’s optional skate Monday were defenseman Ryan Parent, who suffered a lower-body injury late in the second period of Game 4, will be in the lineup for Game 5. And Brian Boucher will be backed up by Michael Leighton for the first time in the playoffs.
Hal Gill and Jaroslav Spacek up in the air, Andrei Markov out
Gill briefly skated with the team today so it’s not impossible that he could play in Game 6.
The Montreal Canadiens defenseman left Game 5 of this series against the Penguins early in the third period after Chris Kunitz stepped on the back of his leg during a collision. He didn’t return in the final 17 minutes of the contest, but could dress for a pivotal Game 6 with his team trailing 3-2 in the series.
“We’re going to try,” Gill said after his skate. “I hope so. I have to talk with the trainers and then we’ll see.”
Andrei Markov skated but will not play while Jaroslav Spacek is a game-time decision, according to the report.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 53
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 24
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 44
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 31
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (53)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)