May 10, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Earlier today I shared reports that Dan Carcillo might miss today’s game, but it sounds like his status has improved. More on him and the various Montreal Canadiens who may or may not be available in this injury update.
Carcillo a game-time decision. Ryan Parent and Michael Leighton will be back.
Here’s snippets from an NHL.com report.Carcillo declared himself a game-time decision but, more than likely, he’ll be in the lineup with his team’s season on the line.
The Bruins lead this series, 3-1. He told the media that the decision to play would ultimately be his to make.
Two other noteworthy items out of Philadelphia’s optional skate Monday were defenseman Ryan Parent, who suffered a lower-body injury late in the second period of Game 4, will be in the lineup for Game 5. And Brian Boucher will be backed up by Michael Leighton for the first time in the playoffs.
Hal Gill and Jaroslav Spacek up in the air, Andrei Markov out
Gill briefly skated with the team today so it’s not impossible that he could play in Game 6.
The Montreal Canadiens defenseman left Game 5 of this series against the Penguins early in the third period after Chris Kunitz stepped on the back of his leg during a collision. He didn’t return in the final 17 minutes of the contest, but could dress for a pivotal Game 6 with his team trailing 3-2 in the series.
“We’re going to try,” Gill said after his skate. “I hope so. I have to talk with the trainers and then we’ll see.”
Andrei Markov skated but will not play while Jaroslav Spacek is a game-time decision, according to the report.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 34
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 31
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35