May 10, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Earlier today I shared reports that Dan Carcillo might miss today’s game, but it sounds like his status has improved. More on him and the various Montreal Canadiens who may or may not be available in this injury update.
Carcillo a game-time decision. Ryan Parent and Michael Leighton will be back.
Here’s snippets from an NHL.com report.Carcillo declared himself a game-time decision but, more than likely, he’ll be in the lineup with his team’s season on the line.
The Bruins lead this series, 3-1. He told the media that the decision to play would ultimately be his to make.
Two other noteworthy items out of Philadelphia’s optional skate Monday were defenseman Ryan Parent, who suffered a lower-body injury late in the second period of Game 4, will be in the lineup for Game 5. And Brian Boucher will be backed up by Michael Leighton for the first time in the playoffs.
Hal Gill and Jaroslav Spacek up in the air, Andrei Markov out
Gill briefly skated with the team today so it’s not impossible that he could play in Game 6.
The Montreal Canadiens defenseman left Game 5 of this series against the Penguins early in the third period after Chris Kunitz stepped on the back of his leg during a collision. He didn’t return in the final 17 minutes of the contest, but could dress for a pivotal Game 6 with his team trailing 3-2 in the series.
“We’re going to try,” Gill said after his skate. “I hope so. I have to talk with the trainers and then we’ll see.”
Andrei Markov skated but will not play while Jaroslav Spacek is a game-time decision, according to the report.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 19
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 9
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 40
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)