May 10, 2010, 8:50 PM EDT
After Brian Boucher left the game a bit over 4 minutes in the second period and the Flyers protecting a 1-0 lead, you would think the Bruins would amp up their play and take advantage of a goaltender who hasn’t seen the ice since the middle of March.
Instead, we witnessed the Flyers press the Bruins even harder and score two more goals to take a 3-0 lead into the second intermission.
Michael Leighton stopped all six shots he faced, and Scott Hartnell scored his
second first goal of the game, cashing in on one hell of a shift by Ville Leino. The former Red Wings forward has been a force for the Flyers tonight, using his skill and physicality to control the play all throughout the second period.
Meanwhile, the Bruins (and their fans) look disinterested and a bit defeated, as the Flyers are threatening to turn what was once a 3-0 series into a pivotal Game 6 in Philadelphia.
- Discuss: Blackhawks push series to Game 6 22
- Report: Canucks ask Leafs permission to interview Eakins for head coaching gig 0
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 18
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 46
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 36
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- Play Video: Highlights: Blackhawks stay alive
- Play Video: Bickell blasts Kronwall
- Play Video: Toews scores first goal of the playoffs
- Play Video: Howard with a couple of tremendous saves in Game 5
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins move onto Eastern Conference finals
- Play Video: Lundqvist takes one away from Lucic