May 10, 2010, 8:50 PM EDT
After Brian Boucher left the game a bit over 4 minutes in the second period and the Flyers protecting a 1-0 lead, you would think the Bruins would amp up their play and take advantage of a goaltender who hasn’t seen the ice since the middle of March.
Instead, we witnessed the Flyers press the Bruins even harder and score two more goals to take a 3-0 lead into the second intermission.
Michael Leighton stopped all six shots he faced, and Scott Hartnell scored his
second first goal of the game, cashing in on one hell of a shift by Ville Leino. The former Red Wings forward has been a force for the Flyers tonight, using his skill and physicality to control the play all throughout the second period.
Meanwhile, the Bruins (and their fans) look disinterested and a bit defeated, as the Flyers are threatening to turn what was once a 3-0 series into a pivotal Game 6 in Philadelphia.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 1
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 70
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 30
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 53
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 34
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (70)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (53)