May 10, 2010, 7:00 PM EST
The Canadiens will have to try and stay alive in the playoffs without yet another important defenseman, as Hal Gill will not play tonight against the Penguins.
Gill was cut on the back of his leg in Game 5 and despite doing his best to get back on the ice he was held out of tonight’s contest.
The Habs will have to make do with Josh Gorges as their best defenseman, and PK Subban suddenly becomes one of the most important players on the ice for Montreal.
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 57
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 6
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 18
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 56
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (70)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (58)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)